Prologue

Two mages were walking in a forest. They were on a job, one that they could finish easily, but they were actually there to catch a break.

"Luce, are you sure we're going to the right place?" The salmon haired man asked, getting impatient.

"Of course we are, Natsu! Now stop complaining!" The blonde mage that was named Lucy said.

"Tch! But do we have to do this at night! I'm tired~~!" Natsu exasperated.

"Oh, shush!"

They continued walking before Natsu suddenly stopped, sniffing the air a little. Lucy stopped aswell to look at him with an eyebrow raised. He gave her a look, and she immediately understood why he had stopped.

They weren't alone.

They put their backs together and got in their fighting stances. Then a voice boomed.

"Wow, I knew that the great Natsu Dragneel had good senses, but I never knew that they were this good! I tried to hide my scent, but I guess that wasn't good enough apparently."

"A lot of years of practice," Natsu said blankly, looking all around him with a scowl on his face. He was trying to pinpoint where the voice was. He could smell him, but the scent was extremely faint, so he couldn't tell where it was coming from.

Just then, a blue light surrounded them, startling them. Natsu looked forward and squinted. He could barely make out a shadowy figure in the blue light, but couldn't see his features.

"What are you doing?!" Lucy gasped.

"Oh you'll find out soon."

And with that, the two of them were swallowed in the blinding light and before they knew it they were falling.