Chapter 1

They were falling, but it soon came to a stop when they landed on the ground. They looked around to see that they were in the exact same place as before, but it was day instead of night.

"Huh, what just happened?" Natsu asked.

"How am I supposed to know?All I know is that a blue light came out of nowhere, and then we were falling, and then we are in the same exact place," Lucy sighed. Her eyebrows furrowed and her hand to her chin while she sat there, trying to find an explanation.

Natsu looked off in the distance, also thinking, but about something else.

"I don't think that job request was genuine. We were tricked."

Lucy looked towards her husband with wide eyes, just now realizing how suspicious the job offer was.

"Now that you mention it, why would we need to retrieve a magic amulet in the forest? If it was so important, they wouldn't lose it so easily considering how much jewel they were offering. If they did just drop it, they shouldn't need wizards to grab it for them. And it's so secluded out here, I doubt anyone could live here."

"We should look for that guy, Luce."

Lucy hummed. "No. If he was here we would've seen him first and you would've caught his scent. He must've used teleportation magic."

"Fine," Natsu pouted.

"Stop acting like a child and let's go. We need to head to the guild to report this."

"Yeah," he sighed, giving in.

They both got off the ground and patted down their clothes and walked to the nearest town, which was an hour walk. Natsu slightly groaned as his amazing and relaxing night with his wife was put on hold. Lucy could sense his discouragement and decided to comfort him.

"Come on, we could always try again another night, right?"

Natsu smiled, "Yeah."

****

They finally made it to the town and immediately noted how much newer it looked.

"When did they get a renovation?" Natsu asked to no one in particular.

"Hmm. Strange," was all that was said from Lucy. She started walking to the news board and Natsu followed. Her eyes widened. Natsu looked at her confused and decided to look at the news poster aswell. His eyes widened too. Her suspicions were quickly proven to be correct, although she wished they weren't, when she saw the date on the poster.

"Year X793"

It was just before they all had went on their 100 Year Quest and they had gotten together.

At least 20 years in the past.

"Um... Natsu, would you mind knocking me out?"

"Yeah," he replied, obviously still not completely there. They both weren't. They were just standing there looking at the poster. That is until someone yelled for them to move out of the way.

"Sorry, sir!" Lucy yelled, panicked. She had to drag Natsu to a nearby alley. The severity of the situation just hit her. They never had good encounters with time travel, with the exception of the dragon slayers and Anna.

"What are we going to do, Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed. She was pacing back and forth. "What we do could have an affect on the future! What if we never get together, then never have Nashi, and Luke, and Igneel and Layla! Oh how terrible that will be. I love them and I don't want to lose-"

"Calm down, Luce! We'll think of something!" Natsu said trying to stop her rambling and pacing.

"But-"

"No buts. We got this! There has to be a way to avoid that. Just calm down, and think, Luce." Natsu was riding on her answer because he had no idea.

So, she did just that. She stopped and thought. She was racking her brain for something. Anything.

But then.

"What if," Lucy paused, thinking about what she'd say next.

But they didn't know that a cloaked figure was listening to their plan. This time he made sure to get rid of his scent completely. He scowled at her words and ran off when she was done talking.

Natsu thought about her answer before grinning and nodding rapidly.

"That's perfect! But now that we found a way to avoid all the time paradoxes or whatever, what are we going to do now?"

"Well isn't it obvious? We find the guild and we find a way to get to our timeline."

"I like the way you think, Luce," Natsu said, smiling proudly at his wife's answer.

They head out of the alleyway and look around for a bit before heading to a nearby shop to buy some cloaks to cover their faces around Fiore, seeing as they were Fairy Tail wizards and they were already recognized a few times.

They put on the cloaks as they walked to the train station. Natsu was dreading this part the most of the trip, but if it meant getting back to his family, then he'd do it. Lucy was a little surprised to not hear him complain.

They went to the ticket booth and got what they needed. When Natsu stood in front of the beast, he was already hurling.

"Natsu, we're not even on the train yet."

"Don't call that thing a train. It's more like a demon sent from hell."

Lucy sighed and started to drag him on and he willingly went on.

Do it for your family. Do it for your family! DO. IT. FOR. YOUR. FAMILY!

He thought in between his groans of discomfort. Lucy tapped on Natsu's shoulder. Once she got his attention, she patted her lap, signaling to lay his head down. He did, and it made it a little better, but the discomfort was undeniably there.

He drifted off to sleep on her lap as she soothingly fiddled with his salmon hair. He felt calm when she did that, and he wasn't afraid to admit it. That's just how Natsu is, he has no filter, especially when it comes to saying how great his wife is.

Lucy somehow dosed off aswell, with her fingers still in Natsu's hair. The trip was going to be long, so might as well.