Chapter 2

Lucy woke up to the sound of the train blaring its horn, then the sound of the conductor through the lacrima.

"We have arrived at Magnolia," the booming voice informed.

Natsu was still sleeping peacefully on her lap, so she gently shook him.

"Not now, Luce. I'm not in the mood," he mumbled.

Lucy blushed. "Wait what?! No, Natsu! We're here!"

When he only grumbled and shifted a little, she sighed.

"The train is going to leave if you don't get up!" No response.

"I can make you dinner."

Natsu quickly shot up, which didn't surprise Lucy, and finally realized that they were at their destination.

"Oh! We're here," Natsu said, stating the obvious.

"That's what I just said!!"

"Come on Luce, we gotta go!" Natsu stood and took her hand and pulled her up. They ran out the doors before they could close again.

They both realized that their hoods came off when they ran off the train and quickly pulled them over their heads. Looking around to see the beautiful city of Magnolia. It changed a lot in those past 20 years, but it still gave off the same feeling of home to them.

"Well... now that we're here, what are we going to tell the guild, Luce?"

"Well, for starters, avoid telling them the truth except for Master. We could always use our plan on those members, but I'd rather not."

"Hmm... Okay! Sounds good! Now, shall we go." Natsu mockingly put his hand for her to take.

"We shall," she replied, gently placing her hand in his.

****

Now that they were in front of the younger version of the guild, they were suddenly very nervous. It didn't change much in the future, just some small renovations when it somehow got destroyed.

"You ready, Luce?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Natsu raised a brow, silently asking if she was sure. When he saw the look in her eye, he opened the guild doors.

The guild was all chatty and in a brawl. What stood out most to them was the younger version of the fire mage fighting a raven haired boy- Gray- in the middle of the guild.

Then all of a sudden, he stopped.

Everyone looked at him curiously before looking towards the door that he was staring at.

A younger blonde shook his arm and asked him what's wrong, also staring curiously at the guild doors to the two cloaked figures. His eyes widened and looked between her and the shorter cloaked figure, obviously confused.

Lucy cleared her throat and started to speak. "We would like to see your master....if you'd be so kind."

"Hmm.. that is me, Child." They both knew who it was sitting on a wheelchair near the bar, but they didn't want to seem suspicious.

"Right, yes. Could we please speak to you in private, if you aren't busy?"

Makarov thought for a moment. Her voice sounded familiar. No, it couldn't be, they're obviously older.

"Alright, fine by me!"

"Thanks.....sir.." Natsu said with a disgusted face. Never in his life did he think he'd have to say sir and he didn't like it. Lucy had to physically stop herself from laughing. Natsu glared at her.

Mira looked at the three if them curiously before grabbing Makarov's wheelchair and picking it up above her head to bring him up the stairs and to his office. They all sweatdropped.

Before they could make it to the stairs someone called out to them.

"Wait!"

Lucy recognized that voice anywhere, and Natsu obviously knew who it was because it was his own voice. They both looked at each other, Natsu obviously sweating more for some reason. Then, they slowly turned their heads to see Natsu, but younger, walking up to them, suspicion in his eyes.

He first pointed to the shorter one of the two and said, "Why do you smell like Lucy? And," he then points to the one that was around his height, but slightly taller, "you, me? You can smell similar, but it is way to similar for my liking. Even then it would have suspicious. Explain."

Lucy turned to Natsu, the older one, and slightly pulled him aside.

"Isn't he you? How did you not know this would happen?!" Lucy whisper-yelled.

"I did! But I kinda forgot to mention to hide our scents," Natsu nervously chuckled. "Please don't kill me..."

"Honestly, I'm surprised you were smart enough to notice."

"You know what, me too actually."

"You realize I can hear you both right?"

Lucy quickly looked behind her to see a very unamused Natsu. She then gave the older Natsu a death glare, which he immediately faltered from.

"What do you mean, 'he's me'?"

Damn dragon senses! Lucy thought as the rest of the guild gasped, watching the whole thing unfold.

She mouthed something to Older Natsu.

'You got us in this mess, you get us out.'

'What do you expect me to do??' He mouthed back.

'Anything!'

Natsu thought for a moment, nothing coming into his mind, until...

"I'm you from the future!" He said with his signature grin.

"I didn't mean that, you idiot!"

"Well, there wasn't much else to do!"

"Yeah, but I meant anything, but that, and you're implying that there were other things you could've done!"

"Yeah! You need to be more specific!"

"I shouldn't have to!"

While they were bickering, the whole guild fell silent. They all just stared at the mysterious couple at the back of the guild hall. People obviously didn't believe that they were from the future. Or they didn't want to believe that. Maybe they were there to warn them of the future? They didn't know.

Gray suddenly spoke up, "You two fight like an old married couple."

"THAT'S BECAUSE WE ARE!" They angrily said in unison.

The whole guild got even quieter, if that's even possible. It was so tense, you could cut it with a knife. And then...

"WHAAT??!!"