Hesitation

All day Gray had been subject to the whispers around him about this morning's events. Finally, it was the end of the day.

"Yo Ice princess! Heard you made some chick cry!" Ugh that fricking flame-brain was back at it again.

"Natsuuu, her name is Juvia, she's won gold or silver on the swim team every competition!" Gray turned to see Lucy Heartfilia clinging to her boyfriend's arm.

"Fvck off Natsu." Gray only wanted to go practice skating, not deal with this idiot.

"Jeez, we just wanted to know where you were at lunch!"

"The rink. Goodbye." He headed to the ice rink, ignoring his two friends. As soon as he opened the doors, the cool blast of air immediately calmed him. Putting on his skates, he started his daily routine.

"Mr. Fullbuster, must I remind you that figure skating drills are to be done by WOMEN. With your skills, you could be the captain of the hockey team if you'd get your act together." Gray turned to the voice.

"Mr. Jose." Gray didn't give a damn about hockey. His middle school coach, Ur never cared, why should he?

"If you choose to continue down this path, I will have you permanently removed from the rink."

"What the hell?"

"Language young man. Now get off the ice." Gray huffed and did as he was told. Today sucked. After changing into sneakers, he headed home.

With Juvia

Juvia had come back to the hallway where she saw Gray throw away the doll. Almost all the other students were gone. With a plastic bag in hand, she dug out each piece of her precious doll and put them inside.

"Juvia wants to see Gray-sama." She mumbled. Juvia had stayed away all day to make him happy. She headed over to the ice rink, where he was everyday after school.

"Mr. Fullbuster, must I remind you that figure skating drills are to be done by WOMEN. With your skills, you could be the captain of the hockey team if you'd get your act together." Mr. Jose! Juvia hated that man, he always examined all his female students and sent shivers down their spines.

"Mr. Jose."

"If you choose to continue down this path, I will have you permanently removed from the rink."

"What the hell?"

"Language young man. Now get off the ice."

Maybe now was a bad time, Juvia quickly backed away and headed home. Her head was swirling with thoughts, what did he mean by removed from the rink? Did that mean Gray-sama couldn't skate anymore?

"Juvia!" Turning to the voice, she saw Erza Scarlet.

"Erza?"

"Are you okay?"

"What?" Juvia was confused, why wouldn't she be okay?

"I heard about what happened with Gray."

"Oh. It's fine, Juvia figured it would happen anyways." She sighed, it was always the same result anyways.

"Juvia, are you sure you really love him?" Erza was worried for her friend. They may not be close, but seeing Juvia in a bad relationship made her upset.

"Ye-es" With a start, Juvia realized she wasn't completely sure.

"Okay, be safe on your way home."

"Yes Miss Erza, Juvia will be careful."

Juvia finally arrived home, but Erza's words continued to echo through her head.

"Juvia is sure!" No matter how many times she said it, Juvia wasn't sure. Dinner was lonely as usual, even with Gray-sama's plushie.

Cue ringtone sound

Juvia picked up the phone.

"Hello father." Maybe he wouldn't bring that topic up, the one topic that she hated discussing about with him. The conversation seemed to be going well until,

"You know I only want what's best for you, dear. Please quit swimming and take up a more lady-like profession."

"Juvia doesn't want too, father. Goodbye." She was sick of this! Every conversation ended with that topic. Now she had two problems, her father and her feeling towards Gray.

"Juvia has decided! She will do five things for Gray-sama and test her love for him." Juvia wrote down her plan, tomorrow morning, it would be put to action. Drifting off to sleep, she knew that this was the only way she would be able to tell her true feelings.