White Walls

Gray cradled Juvia's head in his lap. Gently, he checked for a pulse and breathed a sigh of relief when he found it. Her eyebrows were knit together, even unconscious.

"I see that both of you really do care for each other!" Frey had pranced over with almost no care in the world. "Though the blood wasn't really all that planned, it was quite marvelous!" The man brushed his bangs out of his face before grinning widely and hovering over them.

"What the hell?" Gray looked up at him in anger, trying to stop the bleeding from Juvia's head. Frey held out his hand, in it was Juvia's phone.

"Might want to call the professionals, eh?" The teen snatched the phone away, dialing 9-1-1. Within seconds, the ambulance had arrived...with no police cars?

"It's all been taken care of," Frey tipped his hat to Gray while Juvia was carefully loaded into the ambulance. The man had lost his rigid posture and fell into a slight slouch. Gray glanced at him, curious as to what was to be said next.

"And here I was, ready to marry such a young, pretty girl."

"Fvck off, sicko!" Gray shoved the man who fell, laughing before standing back up. Frey placed his hands on Gray's shoulders.

"A, I'm only 20. B, good job," he smiled sincerely, for once, before taking a quick bow and vanishing at the tip of his hat.

"What." Gray rubbed his eyes, looking around, stupified. He slowly walked away, hailing a taxi to the hospital.

These walls are so ugly. Gray stared at the dirty white plaster in front of him, knowing that Juvia was on the other side. He thought about Mr. Love and his weird demeanor. Pulling out his phone, Gray googled the man to find...nothing. Who the hell was he? Gray tried to picture the man's face, but couldn't muster up a clear enough image.

"Well, this wasn't planned." The teen looked to the voice to find Mr. Lockser standing in front of the door. The nurse inside quickly beckoned him in with an apologetic look at Gray.

Switch rooms!

Juvia looked at the man who had entered.

"Darling-"

"Shut it." She most certainly was not in the mood to deal with this man.

"I just wanted to make sure he cared!"

"So you hired some wacko to kidnap Juvia."

"Well..." She had had enough. Her father had basically paid for someone to kidnap her just to make sure that her boyfriend cared about her? In anger, she grabbed the thing nearest to her, which happened to be a vase of flowers, and threw it with all her might. The vase missed by a centimeter, shattering against the wall, leaving flowers in a pile of glass and water.

"Leave." The authority in her voice made her father's eyes widen before he quickly backed away and followed her directions.

"Asshole." Tears had begun welling in her eyes before the door reopened and a warm hand grasped hers.

"Hey, how are you?" She looked into Gray's dark eyes, fighting a smile at his concerned face.

"Juvia is fine, thanks." His arms pulled her into a firm hug. She almost melted in his embrace as she rested her head against his shoulder.

"JUVIA!!!!" The teens jumped back in surprise to find a variety of faces in front of them. Levy and Erza collapsed against her.

"We were so worried!" Natsu and others stood back and grinned.

"You little punk!" Gajeel had entered and immediately put Gray in a chokehold.

"Gajeel!" Juvia and Levy reprimanded him in sync. There was a knock on the door before Natsu blurted out,

"Oh yeah! This chick said she was looking for you." The door opened to reveal orange curls.

"EDNA!" The girl tilted her head and grinned.

A/N So clearly I've quit following my own schedule. Um. I'll try to update monthly, so stay tuned.

Thanks for reading!