T W E N T Y - O N E

(April 23)

Nicolas opened his eyes as the sunlight streamed through the opened curtains. Nicolas groaned feeling sore all over his body. He looked around sleepily before he remembering last night's events. He had accidentally slept in, his study desk having papers sprawled out. Nicolas had never worked harder in his life, not even on his school works. Nicolas was a fast learner, earning him the top of the class, so he didn't need to put that much effort into his assignments. The fact that he was already involved in his family business, secured his future, so the need for education was just used to pass the time by.

He looked at the papers and ruffled his, already disheveled, hair frustratingly. Vincent and Dexter wouldn't even give him the slightest clue on who Morgan was, despite the constant bribery and begging. There were about 10-ish Morgans at school and with some elimination, there were now 6 left, which didn't help at all. The need he had to get those documents was already a hustle, and let's not forget 'how' he got them.

Nicolas stretched and went into his bathroom to freshen up and change into proper attire, unless you want to count a tank top and basketball shorts as proper attire. He went downstairs, greeted with the pleasant smell of bacon and pancakes.

He went over to his lovely mother who was cooking up some breakfast and gave her a peck on the cheek, "mmm, smells good."

She swatted his hands before he could steal a piece of bacon, "if you think flattery could deceive me, then think twice."

"Give it up boy, I've tried before and that bacon isn't going anywhere," his father took his eyes off the newspaper and walked towards Nicolas as they gave each other their morning bro hug.

"Oh Nico, could you clean your room, it looks as if a plane crashed in there."

"I'll do it after school," he shrugged as he took a pancake and stuffed it into his mouth.

"Oh, and why are their pictures of girls on your desk?" Both his parents stopped what they are doing to look at the boy with suspicion, giving him 'the look'.

He immediately lifted his arms, "I'm not doing anything illegal, I swear."

"Well, I saw your school's logo on each of the papers. Are they school files?" His mom asked skeptically.

He sighed in surrender and Nicolas told them everything from the beginning to the end, excluding some unnecessary parts. His parents could practically see how his eyes sparkled while he talked about this Morgan girl. Once Nicolas's story came to an end, he could visibly see the half frown, half-smiles on his parent's faces.

"Nic, I speak for the both of us when I say we're disappointed in you. Getting school's private files is practically illegal, but we also want to say to not give up and find that Morgan girl of yours," and with that Nicolas smiled.

His parents were pestering him more about the girl to the point that he was regretting telling them the truth. When he heard a honking noise coming from outside he quickly took his bag, said goodbye to his parents, before hearing them shout, "find her and bring her home, honey." He rolled his eyes at his mother's remark.

"Yo dude, your parent's found out?" Dexter asked as he sat in the passenger's seat of Vincent's car.

"Yea, apparently they weren't happy with my 'researching' method, but they want me to 'bring her home'" And with that, they started driving to school.

"Soooo, my parents are eager to meet her ya know, 'bring her home' and stuff. I just wish someone would make this easier for them and me and just tell me who she is, " Nicolas implied, wiggling his eyebrows expectantly.

"Well, looked who's the smooth motherfucker," replied Dexter as he chuckled.

Vincent rolled his eyes seeing that it wasn't the first time that Nicolas has coaxed them into telling him, "no matter how smooth you are, I'm the smoothest motherfucker around."

Nicolas slumped, knowing that he had lost this battle before it even began, two versus one wasn't very fair. They finally arrived at school. They were walking down the hallways chit-chatting here and there, with the occasional Nicolas slipping Morgan in and out of their conversation. Without noticing he bumped into a small figure who was a few inches shorter than him. 

"Oof, sorry," squeaked a brunette with glasses. Once she looked up at him, her eyes widen.

"Oh, it's ok. I wasn't looking where I was going either," said Nicolas, as he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck.

Little did they know a certain pair of boys were snickering at the stupidity and the obliviousness of their best friend. Morgan immediately said sorry once again before she scurried away, not forgeting to glare at the two boys. 

"Well, that was by far the most awkward encounter in my life," he said before walking back to his two friends as he scratched the back of his neck. With that the boys went back to there idle chat waiting for the bell to ring, signaling the start of school. After they said their goodbyes, they went on their separate ways to their first class of the day.

Vincent went to his English class while Dexter and Nicolas went to their Chemistry class. They arrived early so they had a few minutes to spare before the class started. They both sat next to their partner. 

Morgan's pupils dilated from the sight of the two boys. She had never truly acknowledged anyone in her class until now. After blinking a few times, the realization of Dexter and Nicolas being in her class hit her. She tried to hide from Dexter, knowing that he was the only one out of the two who knew who she was. But to no avail, Dexter spotted her attempts and walked over to her

"Hey, want to be my partner for today?" He whispered. Today was the day the students got to choose their partners whom they would have sit with for the rest of the term. Plastering a tight-lipped smile she begrudgingly agreed since she didn't want to attract more attention to herself. Little did she know that Dexter had a trick up his sleeve.

Dexter turned his head to face Nicolas who was sitting right behind Morgan. He whispered a few things and they both got up from their seats and switched their seats, with Nicolas beside Morgan and Dexter behind them. Before she could change her seat the bell rang meaning that the class had already started which also meant that whomever they were sitting beside was going to be their partner for the rest of the term. Realizing what had just happened, Morgan internally screamed at herself.