Meeting the Crew

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Hey Dad." The voice was familiar and he instantly knew who it was.

"Oh, hey Sevy."Bruce relaxed just a bit.

At the sound of her name, Tim and Damian, who were sparring, dropped their weapons and listened in.

"Um, I'm not sure if you remember, but there's a  second mission debriefing and luncheon today at the HQ..."

"Oh, yes thank you for reminding me. Should we come as you-know-who or as the simplistic family?"

Tim looked weirdly at their father, before heading off to ping the call.

"They know who Batman is , so it doesn't matter. You could bring your suits if you wanted to, or you could dress casually like the rest of us."

"Where is it? You, um never told us."

"Timmy's probably pinged my phone by now."  She chuckled and immediately Bruce whipped his head to see Tim on the Batcomputer with a location in an unnamed lake and a small looking facility in it. Of course he did.

"Don't be late. The food's gonna get cold."

"Did-did you cook?"

"The desserts only. I'm more of a sweet-tooth than you are."

"I doubt that." 

"Hey, um, have you told Jay?"

"He thinks it's a joke, and refused to talk to me for a week."

"Great. Guess I'll have to tell him. Doubt if he'll bother to even look at me."

"I told him about the silver-bike lady. He'll definitely pay attention to that."

"Thanks for the tip. Now get over here, I've got six people dying to meet you guys."

"We're on our way." With that, Bruce shut the phone and looked over at his two youngest. Dick was in Bludhaven and Jason was doing whatever he wished. So it was only him, Damian and Timmy who were at the Manor.

"Get upstairs and change into something presentable."

*******************************************************************

 The system inside the HQ  scanned them, before pulling up the barrier again, letting the Wayne trio go. Bruce stared at the small facility,wondering why it was as tiny as it was, with only an empty lounge ,when suddenly the floor beneath them opened up, revealing a set of spiraling stairs. They descended, and what they saw blew them away.

Holograms, huge screens that spanned entire walls, exoskeletons in cases, a dozen hi-tech monitor-less computers, AI systems- this place was a techy gold mine. Immediately Tim looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Whoa! They've got exoskeletons! And AIs!And ohmigod interactive holograms!" 

Suddenly another voice interrupted Tim's excited chatter. "I see you're just a big a nerd as I am."

A tall woman seemingly popped out of nowhere, her cornrows shining under the LEDs as she tilted her head, a smirk on her face. She wore a simple violet t-shirt with a leather jacket and black jeggings, but there was something about her that just screamed 'I'm a nerd that can also rip your face off'. 

"I'm Briar Cruz, Sevy's tech nerd and unofficial, unpaid therapist."

"Therapist?" Bruce asked, confused. His daughter seemed so fierce- did she need a therapist? It'd make sense, though, after all they put her through...