Her Legacy

Authors Note: Im sorry, I just have to say it- we hit 420 reads on April 28! Ehhhh keep it up guys lets get to 690 heh heh! 

I'm sorry this is a short chapter, but that's basically because I'm all over the place and I'm posting another fanfic because I work like in several places at the same time and whenever I get an idea I have to write it down otherwise it plagues me and I'm sorry I suffer from VERY irregular posting disease.

I will update soon, in the meantime, stay safe and healthy and punch corona in the face!

⚠Angst

********************************************************

Tim angrily stared at the sky, at the birds that sang so cheerfully.

Mother Nature should've been weeping at Sevanna's funeral. It wasn't fair that the day the Waynes put their daughter and sister in her grave, the world was all sunshine and birdsong and rainbows. It should've been rainy and dark and gloomy instead.

Tim wanted to scream.

It wasn't fair.

Since her body was obliterated by the blast, the family and the crew had gathered up things that reminded them of Sevy and buried that instead. Her scythes, some of her clothes, the group selfies of her and the team. A box of her favorite chocolates, her service flag with a gold star upon it, and a few tape recordings of her voice. The public was not notified of her death, and Bruce wasn't going to tell them anytime soon. He just... couldn't.

It shouldn't have been her.

It wasn't fair.

Alfred had found the boxes underneath Sevy's bed, each one labelled to one of her family members. When they opened their respective boxes, both Bruce and Jason burst into tears.

All the presents from the birthdays she missed were in their boxes. All the letters she ever wrote to her family from afar was there. Some of her weapons and other things were also tossed into the lot, along with three USBs per box.

Bruce got her old elephant stuffy from when she was a toddler, a new cowl, a scrapbook and several pearls from his mother's necklace, and Jason got her favorite guns, a new Red Hood helmet and a bunch of extremely rare Indiana Jones collectibles from around the world. 

Tim got a copy of the tech system behind her helmet along with an encrypted clearance card to the TMC database along with several photos. Dick got a handful of letters,a silver key to someplace, some old pictures of them together, two new pairs of escrima sticks, and her favorite daffodil locket. 

Damian got a pair of new, engraved katanas that glistened in the sunlight, their hilts carved by her own hand, and a new Robin suit, along with his share of letters and pictures of her at postcard worthy locations, pulling silly faces.

Alfred had gotten all sorts of mementos from Sevy's childhood and felt like crying himself. He swallowed back the burning lump in his throat, picked up one of the USBs from his box, and played the video on it onto the Batcomputer.

"Hey guys! It's Sevy here!" 

Her voice cut through the pained silence as her face filled up the screen.

"I'm here in Rome! Check it out! " She showed them the beautiful view outside from a nearby window, before turning the camera to herself. She had stitches in her forehead, but her eyes sparkled and there was a smile on her face.

Bruce got up, his eyes not leaving the screen. His bottom lip wobbled, the shadows under his eyes were prominent from lack of sleep, but his attention was all caught up into the video. He approached the computer, pressing a hand onto the screen.