The Birthday

A/N: it's been two months since Sevy returned (just saying), sorry this chapters kinda short...

BTW think of TAHRIS as a portable FRIDAY (if you don't know what FRIDAY is then go get a lif- nah I'm kidding, it's Tony Stark's AI and it's freaking awesome)

****************************************

"She's not coming, is she?" Tim asked sadly, staring at the tiramisu birthday cake he'd gotten. He was turning fifteen, and Sevanna promised to take a day off of work and be there for him.

It was nearly nightfall and there was no sign of her. Tim had decided to have a small scale party, with only close friends and family, and all of the guests were already gone, leaving only the Waynes left.

She'd taken up residence in a condo twenty minutes away from the Manor, and she still led the TMC . After she'd returned to the land of the living, she'd spent two weeks being the guy in the chair for the TMC in the Manor (due to an overprotective family) before finally stepping foot in the field again, often as an unannounced bogey that helped take down crime bosses. Half the time she was gone on international missions, but whenever she was in Gotham, she typically split her time equally between work and family.

Dick was furious at her tardiness. The party started at three o'clock and now it was nearly seven. She was not going to be excused for being 4 hours late to a party only twenty minutes away from her place.  

He called her for the forty-fifth time, staring angrily at the phone as it dialed. 

Couldn't it dial any faster? 

Suddenly, he heard her faint ringtone just outside the door, and Dick looked over to Alfred. He just sighed, before making his way over to open it.

"Miss Sevanna, you best have a good reason for being so- dear God!" Alfred cried out as he opened the door, eyes wide over Sevy's state. 

She was clearly ready for the party before, wearing a floral sundress with her denim messenger bag by her side, but now her metal arm (which was in disguise mode) was dented and covered with soot , the dress was torn in places, and she had a monster bruise on her face. Her lips were pale, a telltale sign of some sort of sleeping drug, but she simply smiled.

She waved him off. "Sorry I'm late!" She hurriedly entered the manor with the slightest of limps.  "Where's the birthday boy?"

Tim peeked over from the kitchen, eyes lighting up at the sound of her voice, but as soon as they fell on Sevanna, worry filled them. 

"What the hell happened to you?"

"Ignore me for a sec, will you?!" Sevy teased, hugging Tim. "Happy Birthday, little bro! You're so big now!"

Tim grumbled in thanks. Jason popped his head out from the kitchen, eyes widening as he spotted her.

"You look like sh-"

"Master Jason, please watch your language." Alfred warned.

Jason wasn't supposed to be there- after all, he had a thing going for Bruce- but Sevanna had finally managed to talk some sense into him and drag him to the party. She was beginning to set things right between father and son, and both were grateful for it. Bruce and Jason weren't as awkward anymore, and so he decided to show up for Tim's party (not for the boy, of course. For the food. Duh.)

Bruce cleared his throat." What happened?"

"I got jumped." Sevy lied. Tim crossed his arms, glaring at her until she finally broke.

"Fine!  A couple of idiots broke into my condo this morning and managed to drug me and take me to some stupid warehouse. I dealt with them as soon as the chloroform wore off, then I went home to grab Tim's present and look presentable only to find two people waiting for me, beat the crap out of them and stole a bike because they slashed my tires."