CHAPTER FOUR

Aura gasped and she clutched onto the door frame for support, watching her ex husband in shock and worry

"A-Axl" she stuttered "Are you okay?"

He nodded and she took in a sharp breath.

"Fuck Aura I know you are trying to process this whole problem but" he paused and looked behind him "please let me in"

She nodded stiffly and allowed him to walk in.

She closed the door quickly and turned to him.

He was looking around curiously, his senses on high alert.

"Why don't you take a bath" she said making him smile "then explain"

She motioned for him to follow her and he did, taking in her home's features.

His mind wandered off to her child.

Where was he?

Was he with his dad?

Aura stopped and glanced at Axl from her shoulder.

"The bathroom" she said "keep it cleaner than you met it"

His eyes widened and he nodded, slipping into the room.

Aura bit her cheek as she noticed the puddles of blood on the wooden floors.

What had she gotten herself into?

___

Axl slapped his hands against the oversized grey jacket.

Aura chuckled as she watched Axl play with the strings.

He looked divine with his dark brown hair in a man bun, his green orbs watched his environment cautiously and his muscular body flexed in the huge oversized jacket that did him no justice.

"I want to know one thing" Aura said, breaking him out of his thoughts "why the hell were you covered in blood and I know it isn't yours"

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"Don't be mad" he started making her raise an eyebrow at him "I-"

The glass shattered and she flinched.

"Shit" he cursed "Aura we have to get out of her"

He grabbed her hand roughly, pushing her out.

"No-" she yelled, tears pricking her eyes "I have to get V-Vin"

"Who is-" before he could complete the sentence she bolted out of his arms and ran into the hallway.

His eyes landed on her car keys and he grabbed it, remembering her matte white Mercedes- Benz parked out front.

"Aura hurry up-" he was cut off by Aura rushing to him, a blond three year old boy on her hips.

Axl's eyes widened and he gasped lightly.

That was the same child he saw Aura with.

Her child but he was also most definitely his child.

"What the fuc-" He cut himself off just as Aura sent him a dirty glare.

"I'll explain later" she said simply as the child rubbed his eyes slowly.

He stared at his child only to be disrupted by gunshots and more gunshots firing.

"We have to get out of here" he mumbled, grabbing her hand.

He dragged her out and they rushed into her car.

The child stirred in Aura's laps as Axl started the car.

Aura shushed him successfully and pulled something out of a duffel bag he now noticed she was carrying.

It was a pillow and blanket.

Aura placed the pillow on the car door and placed his head softly on it, his blond hair sprawling on it messily.

His mouth formed a pout as he breathed harshly, his eyebrows furrowed.

Aura kissed his chubby cheeks and placed the huge thick blanket on his little body.

Axl couldn't help but glance at his child and ex-wife from time to time.

His son had blond hair much like his mothers, red lips and the same blue eyes which Aura possessed but oddly enough he looked just like him.

It was obvious they were father and son.

"His name is Vin" Aura said softly making his eyes wander to her's "Vin Oliver Martinez"

"You gave him my surname?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

She nodded.

"Why?" He asked bitterly,

"Because you are his father" she explained "I wanted him to have an important piece of you"

"Not that" he shook his head "Why did you play me?"

Her eyes widened.

"I was desperate" she whispered and squeezed her eyes shut.

___

Axl dropped his ex-wife effortlessly on the soft cushioned bed.

Her hands gripped the sheets and her eyes fluttered open.

"Where is Vin?" She asked immediately, putting it in her subconscious to scold herself for falling asleep later.

"In the room next door" then he added "heavily guarded" when he noticed her unease.

"What happened Axl" she asked "first you show up head to toe in blood then all of a sudden we are being shot at"

She was smart and observant. He was going to give her that.

"You're going to be mad but there is no turning back after this" he said sternly, making her nod slowly.

"I'm in the Russian mafia- the leader to be exact" he said, his Spanish accent changing into a Russian one "and you are my queen"

Aura didn't miss the way he winced when he said that but she was too overwhelmed to say anything.

Then her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed on the bed.