CHAPTER EIGHT

Aura tried to hold her sobs as tears ran down her cheeks. How foolish could she have been? Trusting a mafia leader? Now her son was in danger. She couldn't think straight and the only thing that was running in her mind was getting her son out safely in one piece with or without her and damn well without Axl.

"Mama I'm hungry" he whined, making her chuckle softly.

"I promise I'll get you whatever you want as soon as we are out of here" she promised, running her hand through his soft blond hair.

"Yes" he smiled "You, daddy and I can go get pizza then puzzles"

She winced at the word 'daddy' but mentioned nothing of it. All he wanted was a fatherly figure and she just wasn't fatherly enough. He needed a male figure and not a pretend.

Suddenly gunshots went off and they both flinched. Aura covered his ears and he closed his eyes tightly making her heart clench.

"I promise it's gonna be okay baby" she whispered and he looked at her, his eyes reading her mouth so he would understand what she was saying.

Vin's hearing was a work in progress so Aura taught him sign language and how to read people's lips and she was very proud of not only Vin but herself.

After what seemed like half an hour the gunshots quietened down and Aura let out a breath. Vin had fallen asleep with tears imprinted on his cheeks.

The door was pulled open and she flinched as her eyes met her ex-husband's. He looked tired. His arm was bleeding and she was concerned but she stood up with struggle and waltzed beside him, trying to ignore the dead bodies that littered the aquarium floors with a sleeping Vin in her arms. Men with guns watched her cautiously making her glare at them.

"Это Аура, твоя королева" he explained to them making them nod and hide their guns which made her scoff and they bowed which in turn surprised her.

(This is Aura, your queen)

She wasn't some queen.

"Нет" she blurted out and when they glanced at her, amusement twinkling in their eyes her cheeks flamed up.

(No)

"она не хочет, чтобы ты кланялся" he explained making a few of them chuckle.

(She doesn't want you to bow)

"Hi" she waved.

She knew nothing about Russia or it's language and it would take her some time to learn the language but she was up for the challenge.

"Hi" they waved back, making her cheeks heat up even more.

"Oh you understand English" she mumbled to herself "podrías haber dicho eso antes"

(You could have said that earlier)

Axl chuckled beside her.

"Alright we are meeting at headquarters later around eight" he informed them "Я хочу знать, как, черт возьми, они узнали, что мы здесь"

(I want to know how the fuck out they knew we were here)

He grabbed Aur's arm making her flinch, sparks spreading as their hands came in contact.

"Let's go," he said quietly, making her glare dagger at him.

She pulled her arm away from him roughly making him scrunch his face up in confusion. She started her walk to where Axl had parked his car with Axl trailing behind her. Soon they were home and Aura put Vin in his huge queen sized bed with a mountain of pillows.