CHAPTER TEN

Aura ate quietly as her eyes stayed on her son who was rather distracted and she knew something was up. He had seemed distant and fairly upset and so many horrid thoughts popped up in her head. Was he upset with her?

"Mama" he spoke up, feeling her burning gaze on him "I'm not upset with you"

She looked at her palm nervously. He was the only person who knew what she went through and he understood her. Sometimes she was the child and he was the adult and she hated that. He didn't need to worry about her safety or whether she was ok. That was her job and hers only.

"When can I go back to school?" He didn't dodge the bullet.

She glanced at him.

"Your father and I weren't sure-" he raised his hand.

"Mom I'm almost four" he rolled his eyes "puedo hacerme cargo de mí misma"

(I can take care of myself)

"Solo tienes cuatro Vin no puedes, es mi trabajo" she bit her lips.

(You are only four Vin, you can't it's my job)

"Entonces no has estado haciendo un buen trabajo" he mumbled quietly but she heard.

(You haven't been doing that good of a job then)

Tears pricked her eyes but he just glared at his palms. She cleaned her tears quickly.

"Stop being weak"

"Useless slut"

"That's why Rodrigo us-"

"Hey guys" her ex-husband's voice rang in her ears and she looked at him.

She needed saving desperately but what if this time she didn't have anyone to save her, not her son nor her ex-husband.

No-one.

"Hi papa," Vin said, a bright smile on his face.

Axl glanced at Aura, immediately sensing something was up.

"Hey son" he ruffled his hair making Vin grin.

"Papa, when am I going back to school?" He pouted, making Axl scratch the back of his neck.

Things still weren't completely safe and Axl feared the life of his ex- wife and child. He couldn't risk anything.

"How about we homeschool?" Axl asked softly, making Vin look at him.

Homeschool? He had always wanted to be homeschooled seeing as he was an extreme introvert but after he met Eloise he couldn't help but crave her mere presence. She was really pretty and he liked her a lot.

"Just for a while?" He asked, glancing at his mother who looked dazed.

Maybe he shouldn't have lashed out on her as he did after all she spoke nothing but the truth. He was only four and it was her job to provide him with food and shelter. Sure she made mistakes along the way but he knew deep down his mother was the strongest woman in the world. She had gone through so much just for him and she was grateful.

"Just for a while" Axl nodded, making Vin nod reluctantly.

He grabbed his mother's hand secretly and squeezed it lightly making her smile at him. He was really sorry.

Soon it was evening and the wrecked family- could you even call them a family sat quietly, eating their dinner which was a Spanish dish Aura had prepared.

"I'm having a friend over for a few days" he cleared his throat and his ex-wife and child looked at him then back at their food and repeat.

"He has children your age" he smiled "but you're older"