Flowers from Thomas

You chose Thomas! (he cute)

“Do… do you think he meant all of that?”

“He sure did love. But if you ask me, he’s just acting all greedy. He’s shucking jealous.”

“Of what?” you asked and Newt chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” you asked with a wide grin, playfully bumping his shoulder. He somehow always succeeded in making you laugh.

“That Tommy boy is pretty cute, I would totally dig that if he wouldn’t have been in love with someone else.” You felt your cheeks redden and a warm feeling started bubbling at the height of your bellybutton.

“Shut it,” you said.

“Oh shut it yourself,” he joked. Then more serious: “But I can see it ya know, I have a thing for that kind of stuff. The way that greenie looks at you, the way you act all girly in his presence.”

That phrase really hit you, for some reason. You never acted girly and bubbly around any of the gladers, except for Gally a long long time ago, and suddenly with this Thomas guy you were the stereotype teenage girl playing with her hair while he talked. Shuck yeah I like him. But he couldn’t possibly…

It stayed quiet for a while. No words were needed, and Newt knew that. The stars looked extra bright tonight.

He finally broke the silence: “Gally does have a nice body though.”

You laughed loudly, filling the night with your voice. “He’s all yours my friend.” You stood up and patted him on the shoulder.

“I’m off to bed. Nice talking to ya shuckface.” You winked and walked off to the Homestead were you had your own room.

“Pleasure love,” you heard Newt say, his smile audible in the way he spoke.

-

Something was off. There was a dim light coming from your room, although everybody should have been asleep by now, or at least not wandering around in your bedroom. You walked up the stairs nevertheless, though a bit more cautious than normal. The steps creaked underneath your feet. You swung the door open, ready to plump down on your mattress, but you stopped in the doorway.

Seemingly a million little lights drew streaks of shadows up the walls, on the ceiling and over the floor. And in the middle of the room he stood. A pathetic “bouquet” of flowers that grew in the area of the farm in his hand. A blanket spread out on the wooden floor.

Thomas.

You felt your cheeks colour red and bit your lip, not sure how to react. The greenie walked towards you, standing so close the tips of his shoes touched yours.

“I couldn’t find a florist around here, so…” He brought the bunch of flowers up between you, and you giggled, feeling like a hopelessly amorous teenage girl. Hang on. You were exactly that. You took the flower, not sure what to do next. Fortunately, Thomas broke the silence.

“Y/n, I know it probably sounds pretty weird but… I just. I just really like you, and seeing you smile is the cutest thing in the world.”

You smirked.

“See!” You both laughed.

“Oh shut up,” you said, and Thomas blushed as he hesitantly put a hand on your waist.

“As you wish Miss Glader,” Thomas said and he moved him, pulling your body closer to his. And then, his lips were on yours. Your hand found its way up his hair and you felt him smile. When you pulled away, Thomas looked a bit flustered.

“What?” you asked, not able to stop smiling. He rubbed your cheek with his thumb.

“Maybe this place isn’t so bad after all.”