chapter 3

"Dylan is your co-captain, I expect you to respect her." coach Kemp says after practice. "Now go run." Everyone nods. One lap is running around the football field. They line up and I line up with them.

"Dylan, what are you doing?" coach Kemp asks me.

"Even if they don't act like it, we are a team and teams do everything together." I say.

"You don't have to do this." He says.

"I know." I say.

"okay." Coach Kemp says and blows the whistle. We all take off running.

After all hundred laps we are all panting. My legs fell like they are on fire. I step out of the girl's locker room to see Zack leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Coach wants me to apologize." He says. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have though the ball at you."

"It's okay, I'm used to it." I say.

"Why did you do it?" he asks.

"Do what?"

"Run with us." He says.

"Because we are a team." I say.

"I wouldn't have done that." He says.

"That is because you are a selfish asshole." I say. He pushes me against the wall and holds me there.

"What did you just call me?" he asks.

"A selfish asshole." I say. His face reddens in anger. I smirk. He pushes me against the wall harder. I'm not scared of him. I knock his arms off my shoulders, then grab his rock hard arms. Then I knee him in the crouch. As he falls to the floor I walk away. I know that I might have gone too far with that one but whatever.

"You better watch your back." I says through clinched teeth.

"See you tomorrow." I yell over my shoulder. Then I notice that the whole team has been watching. I smile innocently then walk to my truck with Chance behind me.

"Did you really kick Zack in the nuts?" Chance asks.

"yep." I say popping the 'p'.

"You have balls." He says.

"Shut up." I say. "We are having pizza tonight, do you want to eat over?"

"Okay let me text my mom." He says.

"I'm home!" I yell as I step into the house.

"Mom's at the store then she is going to pick up the pizza!" Dean yells from his room. Chance and I walk to Dean's room. As usual Tony and Gavin are there.

"Hey Chance." Tony says. Then Chance and Tony do that bro hug thing.

"How was practice?" Dean asks.

"We ran like hell." I say.

"You didn't have to." Chance says.

"Yes I did." I say. "We are a team."

"Why did y'all have to run?" Tony asks.

"Some asshole through the ball at the back of Dylan's head." Chance says.

"What?" all three boys ask.

"He was just jealous." I say.

"Then she kicked the guy in the balls." Chance adds.

"That's my sister." Dean says and puts an arm around my shoulders.