Epilog

Zack said he had a doctor's appointment he had to go to. So I drive home by myself. When I get home Dexter, Dean, Tony, and Gavin are in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I ask them.

"Nothing." They say at the same time.

"You should start on your homework." Dean says.

"Okay." Why are they acting weird? I go to Dean's room and start my homework. I fell awkward with them staring at me.

When I finish my homework I put my books back in my book sack, I didn't have much homework today. Then Dean's phone goes off.

"You should go to your room." Dean says with a huge smile on his face.

"Okay?" I say. I stand in front of my door with the four boys behind me. "Is something going to pop out at me?" I ask.

"no." tony says. I turn to Gavin.

"Is something going to pop out at me?" I ask.

"no." Gavin says. I trust Gavin more than anyone else.

I open the door and nothing jumps out to kill me. I look back at my brother and his friends. Then I scan my room. My eyes land on a white box with a purple ribbon. I cautiously walk over to it. When I open it a purple balloon floats out. I grad the balloon and see that there is a note on it.

It reads: "go to the tree house."

I look at the boys. I know that they know what is going on, but I also know they aren't going to tell me anything. I drive to the park, I don't see anyone else there. I climb to the top of the tree house. There are yellow rose petals on the floor. I absolutely love yellow roses. I see a note on the ground.

The note says: "I was going to write a cute poem but I'm not good at that so do me a favor. After you finish reading this close your eyes, count to five, turn around, then open them."

I close my eyes just as the note told me to, I count to five, turn around and open my eyes. When I open my eyes I see Zack holding a bouquet of yellow roses.

"Dylan," Zack says, "will you go to prom with me?" I can't breathe. I can't move.

"Yes." I say. He sighs in relief.

"Thank god." He says and hands me the roses.

"How did you know that yellow roses are my favorite?" I ask.

"First I asked Dean and when he didn't know I asked your mom, she didn't know. Then I asked Dexter." I hug Zack and he hugs back.

"Thank you for all of this." I say. He smiles.

"You're welcome." He says. "I brought a blanket and some food." He says.

"We're going to eat under the stars?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes, yes we are." He says as he lays the blanket on the floor of the old tree house.

After we eat we lay next to each other, I use Zack's arm as a pillow. His arm was not a good pillow.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" he asks.

"I'm not really sure. Maybe a PE coach or a history teacher." I say.

"You can be a history teacher and a football coach." Zack says.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, coach Kemp is a geography teacher."

"What do you want to do?"

"I want to do sports medicine."

"I can see that happening." I say.

"You know my hidden talent, so what is yours?"

"I don't know I'm not special."

"You are special. And there has to be something."

"I can do some stunts." I whisper.

"Like cheer stunts?"

"Yes, I was a cheerleader at a time in my life."

"No way."

"I know, but you can't tell anyone."

"I won't as long as you don't tell anyone my talent."

"Deal." I say.

We talk and laugh about random things until I start to get tired. I yawn.

"Are you tired?" he asks.

"A little." I say.

"Let's go home." He says. He climbs down before I do, just in case I slip he can catch me. I safely get to the ground and yawn again.

I lay down in my bed. Zack pulls the covers over me and kisses me on the top of my head. He lays down on the mattress that is on my floor. I don't fall asleep until I hear the light snores that come from Zack.

I remember being so mad at the world after my mom told me we were moving, but now I'm so happy we did. Yeah, I have had my ups and downs but Zack was there to pull me through it.

So that was the story of a girl football player. And I was that football player.

The end.