chapter 11

I walk into school and Zack runs to me. I thought about what Gavin said last night, so I have decided to hear Zack's side of the story.

"What happened to you yesterday?" Zack asks.

"Meet me in the park after practice." I say. Then the bell rings.

~****~

I see Zack setting on the swings we sat on Friday night -Saturday morning- and I walk towards him. When he sees me he stands up.

"What's going on?" Zack asks.

"Yesterday I heard you talking to someone after practice." I say and set down on the swing.

"What all did you hear?" he asks as he sets next to me.

"I heard him ask why you weren't at the party, then he asked if we had sex, and last I heard him ask about your plan for revenge." I say looking at my feet.

"Did you hear what I said to those answers?"

"You said something better came up for the first question."

"That something was you." He says. In the corner of my eye I can see that he is looking at me. "What else did I say?"

"When he asked if we had sex you said that it wasn't like that."

"Did you hear what I said for the last thing?"

"No, I was upset so I walked off before you answered."

"At first I was going to become friends with you just to get revenge." He says. I want to cry. "but when I found you in the locker room..." he look up at the sky. "you looked so scared, I knew I just couldn't do that to you. That night, Dylan, I swore to myself that I would never let anyone ever hurt you again." I hug Zack.

"You really said that?" I ask.

"I said everything except the thing about the locker room and wanting to protect you." He says.

"That is the cutest part." I say.

"That is why I didn't say it to him." I roll my eyes.

"Want to go to my house?" I ask.

"Of course I do." He says.

We spent the rest of the day with Dean, Tony, and Gavin. At first we did homework then we played madden.