chapter 4

Chance and I set at our table at lunch.

"So what do you think Zack is going to do?" Chance asks.

"I have no clue." I say. "Crap I forgot my water. I'll be right back." I get up from the table and grab a water bottle. As I walk back to the table but Zack blocks my way.

"Hello Dylan." Zack says.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"To do this." Then be dumps tomato soup on my white shirt. "My bad." He says laughing. Then everyone in the cafeteria starts to laugh, except Chance and I.

"You got your revenge, now what?" I ask.

"Now you quit the team."

"In your dreams." I say and walk away. Chance is behind me.

"Chance, do have an extra shirt?" I ask.

"I should have one in my locker."

"thanks." I say as chance hands me a shirt. I go into the bathroom and put it on. It is a shirt with our school name on it.

The bell rings.

"We should get to class. See you at practice." I say.

~****~

After practice I walk to my truck by myself, Chance's mom picked him up because they had to go do something. When I get to my truck I see that someone has slashed my tires.

"What's wrong?" I hear someone say. I turn around to see Trever and some of his friends.

"I think you know." I say.

"What do you mean?" he asks and he puts his hand over his heart. Some of his friends snicker.

"I know you are the one who slashed my tires." I say.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." he says and steps forward so that there is nothing between us and my back is against my truck.

"I'm pretty sure you did." I say. "But why?"

"So we could do this." He says. Then he grabs my wrist and someone grabs my feet. I start screaming but someone puts tape over my mouth. They bring me to the boys locker room and throw me on the floor but before I can do anything about it Trever grabs my wrist and someone tapes them together, then they do the same to my feet. Then he picks me up and throws me into a looker and slams the door shut. I hear the lock on the locker close. Then the lights go out. I am alone locked in a locker.

I have never cried at school before but I don't care at the moment. I start crying as I pray that someone will find me.