Ignored

Little: Hyunjin

Caregiver: Seungmin.

________________________________________________________________________________

Stray Kids were having a stressful day. Their comeback was looming and there was much to do. All the members had their part in the comeback that was unfinished and that caused many arguments and minor incidents out of stress. Meals were often missed due to catch up, meetings and phone calls.

Hyunjin was very hardworking person and was cruising through his work. He didn't have the urge to turn little and was rather relaxed in midst of this chaos. All he had to do was to brainstorm for choreo ideas, record his line and grow his hair out. However, his members did not fare so well.

Chan, who would always stay up late and do work, now stays up to 3 am and in the day, he is always short-tempered and grouchy. Changbin was constantly called to meetings and conferences and after the meetings he would lock himself in his room, doing gods knows what. Felix keeps on recording and then doing over his part in the song, claiming that there were mistakes. Minho, Seungmin and Jisung were going to the dance studio, practicing their moves and generally living there for the last few days. Jeongin locked himself in his room and several bangs and curses were heard throughout the day.

Hyunjin completed his work relatively fast and even managed to spare himself some time to relax and scroll through his phone. Sure, all the work he had done was stressful to do and he was on a time limit but he had the thought of relaxing after doing all his work. The minute he had finished recording his lines in the sound booth, he had pushed back his growing hair with a hairband and flopped onto his bed. (Tsssh, hairband!)

Afternoon rolled around fast and he walked out of his bedroom to find all the other members clustered around Jeongin. Hyunjin wouldn't have minded that except loud wailings were emitting from the middle of the cluster. Jeongin was sitting on the floor, bawling his eyes out. He must be little right now, poor thing, the stress must be getting to him, thought Hyunjin.

When evening rolled around, all the members were still clustered around Jeongin, babying and giving all their devoted attention to him. Hyunjin had given Jeongin a portion of his attention but couldn't help but feel a little jealous about how nobody even looked at him for the past six hours. Damn, he couldn't even ask a question without the person he was asking talking about little Jeongin.

Hyunjin's jealousy rose until he was enveloped in it along with his head space. As soon he realized that he was in little space, he ran off to tell Seungmin, his caregiver. Hyunjin found Seungmin with all the other members, trying to comprehend with a Jeongin that was throwing an ear-splitting tantrum. "Don't wanna eat salad, wanna lollipop!"

Hyunjin quietly crept over to Seungmin and tugged on his sweater. Seungmin turned, saw Hyunjin behind him and scowled. "Can't you see that I'm busy? Go away and do your editing or something." Seungmin then turned his back and continued to persuade Jeongin to eat his food.

Hyunjin crept back to his room, Seungmin's words echoing in his head. He felt hurt, confused and slightly mad. What does Jeongin have that he doesn't? Does Jeongin deserve more attention than him? Hyungjin stayed until dinner was served, not knowing that it did so.

Chan glanced in the doorway as he set up the table, surprised to see Hyunjin missing. Hyunjin was always punctual for his meals, what happened now? "Hey Seungmin? Can you go and check up on Hyunjin? Seungmin nodded and made his way to Hyunjin and his shared bedroom. When he knocked and entered, he saw Hyunjin sitting on his bed, back facing him.

Seungmin came over and tapped Hyunjin on his shoulder, not knowing that he was little. Hyunjin flinched at his touch and turned around to face him. When Hyunjin saw the person that pushed him away, he turned back around and mumbled out a sentence. "Go and pway with Innie, he's bwetter twan me".

Seungmin stared in shock. What did Hyunjin mean? Then he remembered that. Hyunjin's shoulders started to shake as soft sobs escaped his mouth. Seungmin took a deep breath and neared Hyunjin once more. "Baby, baby, baby", he chanted softly, "Daddy didn't mean it, he was just.........." Hyunjin gave a hiccup. "D-daddy w-was too b-busy for J-j-jinnie" "No, no, don't think that! Daddy was just mad that Innie wasn't eating his food. Innie wasn't being a good boy."

Hyunjin sniffled. "Is J-jinnie Daddy's good boy?" Seungmin swaddled him in a tight hug. "The best boy in the entire world." Hyunjin's stomach rumbled loudly in the middle of their hugging session and caused Hyunjin to blush and Seungmin to chuckle. "Is there a monster in Baby's tummy?" teased Seungmin. Hyunjin whined and covered up his face.

"I think it is time for the hungry monster to have his dinner!" Seungmin carried Hyunjin out to the dining area, singing nursery rhymes and teasing his baby along the way. Hyunjin giggled on the way, singing along and generally having fun with his daddy all the way.