Part 2: The Stranger

"Today at 3:47 pm one of the sections of widely known company DCP Corp. was attacked. A total of 50 casualties were reported, no reports of any survivors. This bloody attack was committed by what seems to be the infamous 'Green Dragon'. There have been past reports and massacres as a result of this..."

Donghyuck sighed as the newscaster's voice droned on over the radio. He leaned over to turn the channel off, earning a smack on the hand from his brother who was driving.

"Not your car Hyuck, not your radio," Jeno frowned as they pulled into the parking garage of their apartment building. "I have a lesson with Jaemin in an hour or so, so you'll have to ask mom to drive you if you need to go anywhere."

Donghyuck just nodded, opening the car door and slinging his bag over his shoulder before making his way to the elevator that would deliver him to his apartment floor.

Donghyuck ran his fingers through his hair, gently detangling a knot that he got stuck on and pressed the button for the 4th floor when he entered in the tiny elevator. He started waving at his brother who was yelling at him to stop the doors from closing and let out a small laugh when the doors closed on his annoyed face.

He had a test the next day in Korean and at least one assignment for each subject, running through a mental checklist as he traveled up.

The doors let out a ding and Donghyuck stepped out, unconsciously walking to his front door, sliding a key out of his back pocket and fitting it into the lock, hearing a small click as he turned it.

He opened the door, announced he was home, and placed his shoes by the front door before making his way into the apartment.

"Hello honey, how was your day?" His mother's voice grew in volume and she came around the corner smiling at him.

"It was good, how was your day?" He asked as she walked over and ruffled his hair.

"It was fine, this lady at work is being a bitch," his mom made a face and he laughed, "She keeps complaining about the boss and the workload and I'm like deal with it, it's your job!" His mom ranted and threw her hands up in exasperation, rewarded with Donghyuck's laugh.

"Do you want me to fight her?" Donghyuck offered jokingly, earning a tired 'yes' from his mom.

"Dinner will be ready close to 6:30 so just be ready to eat around then," His mom said, walking back to her office they had set up in one of the extra rooms.

"Alright," Donghyuck answered, heading his own way to his room. He walked into his room, door already open, and closed it behind him, quick to throw his bag onto the ground and flop onto his bed. He pulled out his phone and opened his messages.

The Banana Milk Cartons 🤪🤪

Baddest Bitch

Mark, I heard a report that some group attacked
your Dad's workplace, is he okay?

Watermelon Boy

My mom is trying to reach him but she hasn't heard anything from him yet

I'm sure he's fine though

Baby Sungie

I'm sure he's okay

But did you guys see that they found out it was a single person who infiltrated the building

Baddest Bitch