Part 32: A Bittersweet Reunion

"I don't care what debts you have to settle, our goal, and our only goal is getting Renjun out of there, copy?" Taeyong eyed everyone from his position by the doors to the back of the van and Donghyuck saw everyone nod solemnly.

Donghyuck shifted uncomfortably in the slim gear that was wrapped and buckled around his out-of-shape body. He rolled his shoulders out and leaned back against the metal wall of the van. Donghyuck tugged one of the knives out of his belt and flicked it around his hand, watching as he expertly held and moved with the knife. Something that he knew he could do but felt so strange doing it.

He could feel everyone's piercing and questioning eyes on him. He could practically hear their thoughts. Did Donghyuck regain his memories? If he did, that must be why he's on the mission with us. But why wouldn't anyone outright tell us as they did with Renjun?

It was annoying, to say the least. Donghyuck just wanted everyone to focus on the mission and on Renjun instead of him. This was exactly what he had told Sicheng and the others in the room as they had raced to meet the others in the weapons room for the mission plan.

Donghyuck tucked the knife back into his belt and rested his head back, closing his tired and burning eyes. Donghyuck remembered. But not only did Donghyuck remember his entire life, but the fake life and memories from after he had been taken. The two lives he had lived swirled around his brain and mixed together, confusing Donghyuck to the point where he decided it was better not to think about it.

All he needed to think about was saving Renjun.

Donghyuck wanted nothing more than to scream until his throat was dry and scratchy. To punch anything to express the anger and fury he was feeling. No, not against himself although he was angry at himself for forgetting. But at Monsta X, who had destroyed his life and his family and was now currently in the process of taking the love of his life away from him.

Yeah, Donghyuck was a little pissed.

"Hey Hyuck, how are you doing?" Yukhei's voice asked from next to him and Donghyuck looked back into the face of his life long friend. Yukhei was undeniably concerned about letting Donghyuck on this mission, as was Taeyong. But after Johnny had talked to Taeyong on the side, he had agreed to let Donghyuck go. But it wasn't like Donghyuck was going to take no for an answer.

"Like hell," Donghyuck grumbled looking down and laughed dryly, digging the heel of his boot into the ground.

"You know, maybe you should stay in the van," Yukhei started and Donghyuck felt anger bubbling up in his gut, "Your body isn't used-"

"You want me to stay put like some kind of dog while my boyfriend is sitting in some shitty room and being tortured just as badly if not more than I was?" Donghyuck hissed aggressively and he turned his glare back to Yukhei who was staring at him with shock. Donghyuck could feel all of the others gazes on him and consequently heard several gasps as they reached the similar conclusion that Donghyuck remembered.

"Haechan," Taeyong's commanding voice called and Donghyuck turned his glare to their red-haired leader. "You're not going to stand by, I know that. But-" Taeyong continued and Donghyuck stiffed, preparing himself for the argument of his lifetime, "-you better give them hell for what they've done and nothing less."

Donghyuck grinned back at his leader and gave him a half-hearted yet joking salute, fire burning in his gut as he thought about storming the hidden mansion and giving them what they deserved. Donghyuck was so fucking angry and nothing was going to stop him from running in there and saving Renjun from those assholes.

Just then the sliding frame slid open and Ten's face popped into view.

"ETA is 5 minutes. Get ready, it's not going to be pretty."