Part 12: How It Used To Be

"...Liu YangYang

                            ...I swear if you don't get your ass to school this second I'm going to march to your house and drag you here!" Donghyuck yelled into his phone and Jisung sat and watched silently next to him.

"I'm sorry, maybe I can just send you the work I did for the project and you can finish it."

Donghyuck frowned and just agreed, completely confused. He was only a little (read: a lot) angry that his partner for the upcoming history project (due at the end of the week) couldn't come into school to work on it. Meaning that he had to work on it. All by himself. He could completely understand how Jisung felt and it was not a good experience. After saying goodbye and earning a sympathetic pat on the back from Jisung he hung up.

Donghyuck's eyes glanced up to the driver again as if he still couldn't believe it. Mr. Kim, his science teacher if you forgot, was driving them to school. He was even more surprised that his mystery boyfriend was actually Lee Taeyong, the fucking mafia boss.

Donghyuck did not need to see the two of them kissing while he and Jisung got into the car that morning.

Not only was he annoyed by the discovery that Mr. Kim was somehow related to the mafia and Jisung, but he was annoyed in general. They had actually had the audacity to blindfold him and placed him in the car, waiting until they got to parts of the city that Donghyuck knew before taking it off.

And not only that but Huang Fucking Renjun was bothering the fuck out of him. One second he was looking fine as hell in his black outfit, then he was being rude to Donghyuck, then he was having some sort of fit, and THEN this guy who introduced himself as Sicheng was yelling at him to hurry up before he was late to school as Renjun ran by him.

What. The. Fuck.

Donghyuck huffed angrily and he went to look out the window. People and buildings passed him by and he wished he could just jump out of the car and disappear into the mass.

Before he knew it they had pulled into the almost empty parking lot and filed out. Jisung moved next to Donghyuck and they waited by the car while Mr. Kim walked into ahead of them.

"It's weird right?" Came Jisung's voice and Donghyuck looked at the younger, nodding hesitantly. He still didn't know what to think of this whole situation and how Jisung could be so relaxed about it. How did Jisung expect Donghyuck to act around Mark, he wasn't used to lying to his best friends. Donghyuck felt a sort of bitterness bubble up as he thought about how Jisung had practically lied to them for years. They waited for several minutes before an annoying voice rang through the parking lot.

"Hyuckie!" Jeno's voice called out and he turned to see his brother and "best-friend" running towards them. Jisung and Donghyuck moved away from the car, Donghyuck limping slightly.

"Are you sure you should be going to school with your injury?" Jeno asked as he handed Donghyuck's bag to him. He slid it over his shoulder and winced at the added weight.

"The school system doesn't care if I'm shot or dying, it'll fail me no matter what so let's get going," Donghyuck said depressingly, earning an 'amen' from the three other boys and they headed silently into the school building.

"Donghyuck!"

The called boy turned around, nerves bubbling up in his gut as Mark came running towards them with a smile. Mark's arm found itself quickly around his shoulders and the group of five continued walking down the hallway to their classes.

"I'm so sorry for canceling the other day but maybe we can hang out lat-wait, why are you limping?" Mark paused and stopped Donghyuck, looking at him up and down but mostly at his leg. Donghyuck panicked. He had forgotten that Mark didn't know he was shot.