Part 37: Frustration and Friends

A/N: Alright you guys have permission to kick my ass I guess @Elevator127F @LAWNJIN @pinktendo2609 @hyuckkmin 

______________________________

Renjun clutched onto the window sill of Donghyuck's bedroom and watched as Yuta pulled out of the driveway, Donghyuck and Lucas having entered the car only moments earlier to head off to the party. His hand clenched around the fabric of the dark-colored curtain and he grit his teeth.

He should have been going out to protect Donghyuck.

But what could he do when he was injured to the point where he couldn't walk on his own? Nothing. That hurt Renjun to no end. He tsked and drew the curtains closet, leaving him in the well-lit room. He took a couple of steps towards the bed that he had started to hate and collapsed onto the blankets. He stared up at the ceiling and frowned. His arm had been bothering him.

Not just mentally, his curiosity only held back by the fear that gripped him when he imagined what it was, but physically too. It was beginning to itch and hurt as it scabbed over and Renjun knew he probably needed to get the bandages redone. This also meant he was going to have to see what was under the white cloth, stained with red around the area where the burn was.

He came up to a sitting position and rolled both of his sleeves up. He glanced at his unbandaged arm, somewhat relieved to see that his self-inflicted wounds had gone from the dark red to white. They seemed to be done fading and healing so what he was left with was going to be as far as they "disappeared". His eyes then moved to his bandaged arm and he stared at the velcro that held the wrap in place.

Maybe he should take it off.

See for himself just how bad it was and get it over with.

His fingers reached for the velcro and he ripped it up. His winced as his fingers slowly began to unwrap the bandage that had kept his eyes from seeing the brand. Renjun felt nerves bubble up in his gut and he paused when half of the bandage was off. Maybe he shouldn't. He could wait until Donghyuck got back at least, which would help to reassure and calm him. Renjun shook his head, letting out a harsh puff of air. He couldn't back out. He had to do this.

He carefully finished unwrapping the bandage, averted his eyes, and placed it off to the side, resting his forearm onto his knee. He looked down at the ground in front of him, trying to work up whatever courage he had left to look at the burned word engraved into his skin.

"Hey Renjun?" a knock came at the doorway and Renjun turned around. Mark was standing at the doorway, one arm hugging his body as he leaned against the doorway, the other resting against the open door. One of his eyebrows was raised in a questioning manner and he frowned deeper when he saw Renjun's face. "Wait, what's wrong?" Mark came towards him and reached the side of the bed before his eyes moved straight to Renjun's arm.

Mark's face paled and he involuntarily let out a gasp, his eyes flashing straight back to Renjun's anxious face. "Re-"

"Before you ask I haven't looked a-at it," Renjun's voice cracked and he kept his eyes focused on Mark's. Mark's face softened and seemed to relax at the words, which didn't help Renjun's racing heart and rising anxiety. "I don't know if I should."

Mark motioned for Renjun to move over and sat down next to him on the bed. He let out a sigh, looking at his hands which were clasped together in his lap before looking back up at Renjun. He flipped his hand so the palm was facing upwards and he looked at Renjun's free hand. Renjun took a deep breath before moving his trembling hand to rest loosely on top of Mark's.

"Renjun," Mark interlaced his fingers in Renjun's hand, holding on tightly to stop the tremor going through his hand, "I think that you know if you should or not."