Young Love (Request)

This is a request from my friend needy_mendes 
If you haven't checked out her account do that and follow her! She is an amazing writer and she deserves every vote and comment!❤️

Shawn's POV

I don't think you understand how hard it is for me to see her with her new so-called best friend. Since he started in our class they have been with each other almost every day. Sure, I don't blame her to be with her friends. But it feels like she has forgotten that I even exist. I and Ariana have known each other since kindergarten and we have always been so close to each other. We started to cry when our parents picked us up from kindergarten. We didn't like to be separated.

We did everything with each other. When we were toddlers we built sandcastles, we played that she was a princess in a tower and I was prince charming that was going to save her from the evil dragon, we did everything together. And when we were a little bit older we always sat next to each other in the class in the lunch cafeteria and everywhere.

We have always been there for each other, if a problem comes up in her life, for example, I'm the first person she is talking to, and it's the same for me. If I have a problem or if I need to talk about something she is the first person I talk to. And it has always been like that. Especially now when we are together.

It took some time for me to tell her how I feel for her, or to be exact, it took me 5 years. I walked around for 5 years without telling her how I feel for her. But when I finally did tell her, she said that the feeling was mutual

We have now been together for 2 years and I can't be happier. She is the love of my life and we love each other over everything.

But everything changed 1 month ago when this new guy started in our class. As fast as he took the first step into our classroom she got her eyes on him. She immediately started to talk to him and showed him around the school. In the beginning, everything was alright between us, but now. I don't know.

She's still talking to me and hanging out with me, but I can feel that everything isn't as it always has been. Maybe I'm just overreacting, but to be honest, I'm scared that she will break up with me and be together with her new best friend. I have talked about this with my friends but they just say that I need to give it some time and that it is nothing to worry about. That she loves too much to break up with me and be together with the new guy. She isn't that kind of person.

I trust them, why would she break my heart and be together with him. She isn't like that and she would never do that. But for some reason, I can't just drop it. I need to know what's going on between her and the new guy. When I have to get my answer I can drop it and move on.
-

-

-

I saw them talking to each other at the school park. Sitting close to each other on the grandstand at the soccer field. She laughed at some boring joke of his. I took a deep breath before I walked over to them. It's now or never. I need to know if she still has feelings for me or not.

"Hi, babe," I said as I stood in front of them. "Hi" Ariana responded with a perfect smile of hers. Richard, the new guy, looked at me with a little bit of disgust on his face. For real, what is his problem?

"Eh.. um. Can I talk to you? Alone?" I scratched the back of my neck, something I always do when I'm nervous. "Yeah, of course" she then stood up and brushed off the dirt from her skirt "I'll be right back" she turned to Richard and he gave her a short nod before she grabbed my hand and we walked away.

It took a few minutes before I started to speak up. I don't know how to begin this. But it's now or never. I need to get an answer.

She sat down on top of a wooden bench under the big cherry blossom tree. "What do you wanna talk about?" she asked curiously and tilted her head to the left. "Well," I sat down beside her and cleared my throat. "I wanna know how you feel about me"

"What?" "I wanna know how you feel about me. If the feeling is still mutual" "Of course it is, you know I love you" "It doesn't feel like it. Since Richard started in our class it feels like you have forgotten that I even exist. You spend more time with him then you do with me"

"Shawn, he is just my friend. And I will never stop loving you" She grabbed my hand and looked at me in my eyes "I love you," she said with a low voice and leaned in, but I pulled away. I can't kiss her right now. I need to hear the real answer. I can hear in her voice that she isn't telling me the whole truth.

"What is it?" she looked at me confused. "Don't tell me that you are jealous that I hang out with Richard" I avoided her eyes and looked down on my feet. "Shawn for real. You can't be jealous"

"And why not?" "Because that is childish" "You bearly don't talk to me anymore. You always hang out with that dude. If you remember, we are together. We are in a relationship" "I know and I-" "Then why are you acting like I don't exist anymore. It's like I'm not a part of your life anymore. And don't tell me that I'm childish just because I'm jealous. I'm scared that I will lose you. That you will catch feelings for him and forget about me"

"Shawn. You know that it will never happen" "Never say never, Ariana. I can see how you look at him. How you talk to him. And I can see that you don't see me in the same way as I see you. And I get it, he has everything that I don't have and probably never will have" My voice cracks a little and I can feel tears pressing through my eyes.

"And I know that I'll probably regret it and it kills me, cause the worst part of it all is that I hate to hurt you. But I can't continue like this. To see you with him. And I know that you two are just friends, but I can see that there is something more. It hurts to see you with him when I have such strong feelings for you. It does hurt"

A tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away. "what are you trying to say?" I could hear the crying in her voice, which made it even harder for me to do this. "Do you have feelings for him?"

She avoided my eyes, she looked down at her lap, playing with her fingers. "Ariana, don't ignore my question," I said with a firm voice "Do you have feelings for him?" "Yes" she looked up at me and her eyes were full of tears. My heart stopped beating for a few seconds, it felt like the whole world collapsed. "I'm sorry Shawn. I didn't mean to. I wasn't planning on getting feelings for him. They just came. I try to push them away, but I can't. I'm sorry Shawn. I really am. But I still love you"

Tears were streaming down my cheeks, I was in too much shock to speak. "Shawn, say something" she grabbed my hands but I tore them away from her grip. "I love you" "Those words won't fix anything. I can't stay in this relationship if you start to get feelings for him and that your feelings for me aren't there anymore"

"Yes, it will Shawn. We can work this out together. I didn't mean to get feelings for him" "I'm sorry but we can't. We can't work this out. It won't be better if you say 'I love you'. It doesn't matter how many times you'll say it"

"Y-you don't mean that" She shook her head "Yes I do" I nodded "B-but you still love me. We can work this out" "Of course I still love you! I will never stop loving you! But if we keep going like this, it will only get worse. So I think that this is the best for both of us" I swallowed the lump in my throat and stood up. "Shawn, please, don't do this" She almost whispered behind my back.

"I have too. It's better this way. But remember that I will always love you and that I will always be there for you" I wiped off the tears from her cheeks and kissed her on her forehead. "Shawn," she said between her tears.

"No Ariana. This is the best for both of us" Was the last thing I said before I walked away with a broken heart.

~~~
Hey everyone!❤️
I hope that you liked this. And thank you needy_mendes for your request❤️ I hope it turned out as you imagined it

And don't forget to vote and comment!
And sorry if there are any misspelling and grammatical errors