Secretly in love

Sorry if there are any misspelling and grammatical errors
~~~

"Hi Shawn" I answered the phone with a smile on my face. "Hi, are you busy right now?" "No not right now" "Ah good, have you already eaten lunch?" "N-no not yet" "Good, then can we meet at the cafe at 10?" I could hear the smile on his lips which caused me to smile as well. "Yeah, I'm just gonna finish this mail" "Okay, great. Bye" he hung up on me and I couldn't stop smiling.

I thought it was weird that he called me out of nowhere. Sure, he can call just to talk to me. But asking if I can eat lunch with him? He always wants to plan things like this a few days before. So this is strange to be him.

Shawn has been my best friend since kinder garden. He has always been there for me. He has always supported me, he always makes me in a better mood and he has always been by my side at the hardest time in my life. We know everything about each other. I have told him all my secrets and he has told me all his secrets. But one thing hasn't I told him. I'm in love with him. I have been in love with him for years, but I have been way too scared to tell him that. I'm scared that it will ruin our friendship. But it's too tale to tell him that now. He already has a girlfriend and they seem happy with each other, and if he is happy I am happy.

I have tried to date a few guys, but it doesn't work. It's nothing wrong with the guys. The problem is me. I love Shawn way too much to love someone else as much.

I finished my mail before I took my purse and walked to the cafe where Shawn and I were going to meet up for lunch.

I sat down at a table at the window and looked out on the street. Thinking of what he wanted to tell me. He sounded so excited on the phone. I saw him run past the window and he looked through the window when we made eye contact I gave him a little wave and saw him walking through the door.

"Hi" I smiled and he pulled me in for a hug. "How are you?" he asked and pulled away. "I'm fine. I'm just a bit tired of work. But other than that, I'm fine. And you? You seem to be in a very good mood. And where did this come from? You always want to plan things like this a few days before"

"Well, I'm more than fine. And I'm quite nervous actually. And I know, this isn't me. But I want to ask you one thing" he scratched the back of his neck.

"What?" I tilted my head to the left. "Well, I want to ask you first since you are my best friend. And I want your opinion before I do it"

"Shawn, what are you talking about?" I shook my head in confusion. "Well, you know that I love Rose right?" "Mhm" "And I think that I'm going to propose to her tonight" he pulled out a little velvet box from his pocket and showed me the ring. And it was beautiful.

Tears formed in my eyes and my vision got blurry

Tears formed in my eyes and my vision got blurry. "Are- darling are you crying?" he grabbed my hand and gave me a concerned look. "What?" I looked up from the ring and met his eyes. "No" I faked a smile and bit the inside of my cheek.

I knew that this day would come. But I was not prepared for it to happen today.

"Do you think she will say yes?" "Of course she will say yes. I already know that she will throw herself on you. Like why wouldn't she say yes?" He shrugged and looked down at the ring. "So you think that I should do it?"

"Shawn, you shall not ask me about this, I can't decide if you should propose or not. If you really feel to do it, you should do it"

"You're right. Thank you so much. I'm going to order. Do you want the usual?" he stood up from the chair and took out his wallet from his pocket. "Yeah, the usual will be great" I smiled at him. Trying my best to not cry.

As he walked away to order my tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't know why I am crying. I knew that this would happen. But some part inside of me thought that this would never happen, that he would break up with Rose and tell me that he loves me. But I guess that I need to break that dream and move on.

"Here is your food" he placed the latte and my grilled chicken and mozzarella sandwich in front of me. "So how is it going with Richard?" He asks and sat down in front of me. "Okay, I guess" I shrugged "I mean, he isn't bad. But we have just met a few times so it's hard to say how he is"
-
-

When I came home from a long day at work I tossed my keys on the kitchen counter and walked to the bathroom to take a relaxing warm shower.

I was just going to lay my phone on the edge of the sink in the bathroom when I got a text. It was from Shawn.

Shawn
She said yes!!!!!

I looked at the picture and tears rolled down my cheeks

I looked at the picture and tears rolled down my cheeks. Why wasn't I brave enough to tell him when we were 18? Maybe it would be me having that ring around my finger. Sure, I am happy for him. I really am. But I can't bear to see them engaged. If I cry to see this picture, how will I manage to not cry at the wedding?

Then my phone called and it was Shawn who wanted to talk through FaceTime.

I quickly wiped off my tears before I answered. "Hey," he said with the biggest smile I ever have seen on him. Just to see his face made me cry. "Hi and congratulations!" I bit the inside of my cheek so he wouldn't hear that I had been crying.

"So, Rose said yes and now I wondering if you want to be my best man during the wedding?" My eyes filled up with even more tears. "Y-Yeah I would love to" I smiled through my tears "Hey, are you crying? Has something happened? Should I come by?"

"No no, everything is fine. You should celebrate with Rose" "Y/n you know that I can see your face right? And your eyes are like mirrors because of all the tears" "I-I'm fine Shawn" I hissed back and he furrowed his eyebrows "Y/n tell me the truth"

I took a deep breath, looked away from the phone, and then back at Shawn "I-I need to go" "No wait-" I ended the call and burst out in tears.

I know it sounds crazy, but I love him I really do. But to see him engaged and soon married and having his own family with Rose. I just can't. It hurts too much.

~~~
Soooo, I was thinking of doing a little mini-series out of this one. What do you think? Do you want part 2 of this one and see what's gonna happen?