Reunion #2

"Let me know if there is anything else you need help with"

He just sighed in response "Can I ask you something instead?" "Yeah" I nodded my head and laid his clothes I had in my arms on the couch and furrowed my eyebrows.
"What do you feel when you see me? Like right now, right here. What do you think and what do you feel?" "Shawn .." I said low and shook my head  "I just need to know what I am for you" "I can't answer that"

"You know I still love you, don't you?" "You shouldn't," I said, shaking my head slowly in light movements. Tears were running down my cheeks. "But I do" he almost forced out and I could hear that the cry was in his throat. "It's wrong" I whispered

He came a little closer and put his hand on my cheek. My eyes focused on his lips for only a few seconds. Waterdrops left his dark brown hair and ran down from his face and some drops landed on his shoulder and continued their way down his chest.

"I love you," He said again. "I belong to you, isn't that proof enough?" He said and his gaze changed from one eye to the other several times. And his eyes filled up with tears

"Proof of what?"

"Proof that I will love you forever. Whatever happens. I can't stop myself. I can't just turn off my feelings like that" he snaped with his fingers.

He took my right hand in his, gently moving his thumb over my knuckles.

"Believe me. You are everything I want, you are perfect in my eyes. I feel bad that you feel you are not enough. You are more than enough for me. Give it a chance baby"

"You will stop drinking, right? Promise me that"

"I can promise you that I will not drink one drop of alcohol in a very long time"

I looked down at our intertwined hands. He lifted them up and gave my hand a gentle kiss.

"I've missed you," He said, looking me deep in the eyes. "I'm right here" I whispered and put my free hand on his cheek and my eyes switched between his eyes several times
"No, I've been missing" He kissed me "This," he said when he pulled away.

"I'll try" I bit my lip to not let out my cry
"What do you mean?" "It is difficult to pretend that nothing has happened. But I promise I won't escape. We can work on this"

A smile formed on his lips "We can do that" "Now to the important thing"

Some wrinkles formed on Shawn's forehead, not quite sure whether to take it as a joke or not. I put my hand on his arm and let the palm of his arms down on his upper arm, I felt his biceps and felt that they had gotten bigger. He looked down at my hand.

"You've been working out eh?" He blushed, it looked as if he was ashamed, although there was no reason for it. He looked at me and tilted his head "How is my little princess Olivia doing?"

"She is fine. She has had to change kindergarten for the second, the one she went on before was too expensive. She asks about you every day. 'Where's Daddy?' is the first thing she asks when she wakes up and before she falls asleep"

Sadness came as a wave over Shawn's face "What do you say then?"

"I tell her. I felt it was best to tell her the way it was and not wait until she gets bigger"

I began to cry and released Shawn's hand.

"Hey, the main thing is she is fine. Right?" Shawn put his hands on my cheeks and wiped away tears with his thumbs.

He took a tight grip around me and hugged me, I stood on my tippy toes and put my arms around his neck to hug him. He tilted down his head because I was shorter than him and I burrowed my face into the crook of his neck.