The breakup (request)

This is a request from my lovely friend NoorahDham
Go and follow her! She is an amazing writer and an amazingly supportive friend!❤️ I hope you like this one!

I don't know anymore to be honest. I don't know if I have done something wrong or if his feelings for me are gone. He is rarely home, he is out late almost every day and he is distant. He's not talking to me as much as he used to. He never looks at me the same way as he used to, he is always a little bit grumpy. He doesn't even kiss me anymore.

We have argued more lately and everything just feels weird. Nothing is the same as it was before. And everything started a few months ago.

Almost every night when he gets home late I stay up and wait for him, and when he gets home he gets mad because I waited for him, and when I don't wait up for him and go to bed instead he gets mad about that. And today was one of those nights.

I have been home the whole day and he has been at the studio and working on new music. Or that at least what he told me. I have been trying to call him and text him, asking him how it goes and when he gets home. But he didn't pick up the phone and he left me reading.

The time approaching 2 am and he hasn't come home yet. I decided to make him a sandwich that he can eat when he gets home.

When I took out all the ingredients from the refrigerator my phone vibrated on top of the kitchen counter. I thought it was Shawn who texted me so I got a smile on my face. Then the phone vibrated again, and again and again. I got a lot of notifications one after another.

I furrowed my eyebrows thinking it was weird that my phone vibrated that much. It must be some kind of bug. I took my phone and saw that I had got a lot of notifications from a lot of accounts on Instagram.

I went in on Instagram and as quickly the app opened my heart dropped.

How could he do this to me? How can he do this to his fans? Is this the reason why he has been so distant? Because he is with another girl? Is this the reason why he gets home late almost every night when he says that he has been working on his album? How long has this been going on?

Tears rolled down my cheek and I can't believe him. I didn't know that he was this kind of person.

I heard keys rattle on the other side of the door and I quickly wiped off my tears in the second as the door opened and a drunk Shawn walked in. "Hi babe" he slurred and walked towards me

"Where have you been? Do you know how much the time is?" "Ugh, don't start this again. I just want to cuddle with you right now" he reached for my hips but I pushed his hands away before he even reached for my hips. "Have you been drinking again? Because I can smell the alcohol from your breath"

"Yes, I have been drinking. But just a few glasses and nothing else. I promise" "So you haven't been cheating on me behind my back?" I crossed my arms against my chest and tears started to stream down my face. "N-no I would never do that. Why do you say that?"

"You have been distant for a long time, you- you hardly talk to me anymore, you don't even look at me as you used to, you don't kiss me anymore, you are always drunk when you get home late, we fight all the time and nothing is the same anymore Shawn. It feels like you don't feel anything for me anymore!"

"I-I'm sorry baby. I didn't know that you feel that way" "It's because you almost aren't home and you don't talk to me" more tears rolled down my cheeks. "Then let's talk now" he grabbed my hand but I tore it away from his grip.

"No. I don't wanna talk about it. There is nothing we can talk about. I know why you coming home late, I know why you are avoiding me. So just say it. I can handle it" I crossed my arms and leaned my back against the counter. "Wh-what are you talking about? I have been working on my next album and I'm stressed over that"