[10] Fukurodani

You waited with Coach Saito by the gym to welcome your guests – Fukurodani – who came all the way from Tokyo to play the game. It was a good morning, about 10am, and the boys had been warming up and calming down at the same time. Coach Washijo unfortunately couldn't make it, which meant only you and Coach Saito had to handle the team. It wasn't all that bad – his absence meant less pressure to play super brilliantly.

The team approached you both, and with careful eyes, you scanned each member. They definitely looked strong, having an average height of approximately the same as the Shiratorizawa team, and they looked intimidating. And there was one person in particular from the lineup that stood out the most – a tall boy with spiky silver-tipped hair and golden eyes who emitted a strong aura.

Your eyes met his and for a moment, he smiled at you.

"Welcome to Shiratorizawa Academy. Hope your journey was well," Coach Saito said with a friendly face.

As Coach Saito and the Fukurodani coach talked and advanced forward, you, who were tasked to handle the team, gave them a warm welcome, "Thank you for coming all the way. We look forward to playing with you. Come with me, we have prepared a light breakfast for you all."

You walked, talking to the two managers from Fukurodani as you brought the team to the dining hall for a light snack of buns and water.

The boy with the frosted tips and golden eyes – Bokuto, excitedly punched his friend Akaashi from beside him. "Akaashi!" he exclaimed excitedly, "Their manager is super cute! I want her number."

Akaashi replied monotonously, "You can ask for it after the practice match."

"I really want it! Oh, I wonder, will long distance relationship work? Oh, it'll be fine. We can just call every night. Ahh! I'm so excited!" Bokuto said.

Akaashi only looked at him emotionlessly. He had known Bokuto for a while now, and he never failed to amaze Akaashi with the amount of sheer confidence he had in himself.

Bokuto said as they picked up their buns, "Oh, she's coming this way. Should I talk to her now? Oh, I'm getting riled up. I think I'll ask for her name."

Akaashi simply said, "Do as you wish, Bokuto-san."

When you walked closer to them, you couldn't help but notice a pair of golden eyes staring at you. You slowed down your pace and when you reached the point just beside him, Bokuto said, "Hey, hey, hey. I haven't introduced myself."

You smiled and cut him off, "Bokuto-san, right?"

Bokuto was surprised, but soon enough he narrowed his eyes, "Yes." His smile widened at the sound of his name. "I'm the captain."

You nodded, "Yes, I heard about you. To be one of the top 5 aces in the nation is impressive."

Bokuto blushed a little, "Oh, that's nothing. I'm quite rusty nowadays."

"That's true," Akaashi said from beside him.

Bokuto scolded him, "Akaashi, you're supposed to back me up!"

You laughed, "Well, I look forward to seeing you play, Bokuto-san. Good luck to you all. Excuse me."

Once you left, Bokuto was energetic as hell. "Mission accomplished!"

"You didn't get her name," Akaashi mentioned, but Bokuto wasn't listening.

Bokuto said, "Ah, when we go on dates later, you can tag along Akaashi!"

Akaashi replied, "No thank you."

"I'm fired up! Hey, hey, hey!" Bokuto exclaimed.

~X•X•X~