[26] Finally

This is so damn awkward, you thought.

You were dressed well, wearing the most decent attire you had as you walked out the gates of your school to a simple café down the road. Tendou was supposed to come but apparently, he had a terrible tummy ache that day and had to sit it out. And so, you were walking with just Ushijima by your side.

Upon reaching the café you told him, "I'm sorry you have to come along. I mean, you can bail if you like. I don't want you to feel like a thirdwheel."

Truly, you wanted him to bail. You weren't sure you could go through with Tooru's plan. As much as he tried to convince you it was going to work, for some reason, you had a bad feeling about this.

"No worries," he reassured monotonously.

The two of you sipped on your coffees, as you asked him, "How was your summer break?"

"Okay," Ushijima replied with little to no expression present. He couldn't seem to concentrate. If anything, he was getting riled up to 'gently threaten' this new summer guy, whoever he might be.

With your eyes falling on the door, you smiled and stood up upon seeing your wingman enter through the narrow door. "There he is. Tooru~!"

Ushijima stood up too, turning towards the entrance and just like that, he was frozen at the sight of a familiar face walking in. A familiar pretty boy who had been nothing but annoying, childish, prideful and downright disrespectful to him.

"What if this guy is stubborn?"

Ushijima was confident. "I doubt it."

Dear lord, he really could not have been more wrong.

Noting this boy, he needed more than just a 'gentle threat'.

Oikawa Tooru froze too, noticing the tall boy who stood in front of you as his lips curved into a small smirk. He would have never guessed your 'Mr. Perfect' was the one and only Ushiwaka, but if anything, it got him even more excited to mess around.

"Ushijima-san, this is-"

Ushijima cut you, glaring at the brunette boy, "Oikawa."

Tooru smiled menacingly, "Ushiwaka-chan~!"

"Don't call me that."

Wait, Oikawa?

And then it hit you. No wonder Tooru looked so familiar – he was the captain of Seijoh, the person in the picture that Goshiki had shown you before. You had asked for his first name, and throughout the conversation, both of you had never mentioned your schools or volleyball. You were somewhat dazed.

And you were certain, you might have sparked a shitshow.

You just hoped Tooru could be professional and follow through his side of the deal.

"So, um, you two, know each other," you stammered nervously, blinking.

"Of course, (y/n)-chan. I'm going to crush this boy in Spring High!"

Ushijima grunted, "We will defeat you again."

The tension in the air was at an all time rise. "W-why don't we just sit down? Um, Tooru?"

Tooru nodded, "Oh of course!"

For Oikawa, the situation was just perfect. He wanted so badly to humiliate the great player, Ushiwaka, and it seemed as if he finally had the chance to do so right then. He scooted over to sit right next to you and somewhat lovingly, wrapped an arm around your shoulders, ensuring to take advantage of the situation. He could feel Ushijima's eyes burning by the side of his head, but for Oikawa, that was considered a victory.