Part 23

Alec

I sat on the edge of the stage in the school hall. The principal invited Daniel and I to talk to the kids in the talent show so that they can be motivated to do the show on behalf of bullying. Since we weren't apart of the show, I hoped they'd be motivated to do it either way.

Daniel said he always thought they wanted to help, but just didn't know how. So, I hope that was true. Thankfully there weren't any bullies in the talent show, so that wasn't going to be a problem. My mom had agreed to let me be apart of fighting back. She even drove Daniel and me here, but she still doesn't approve of me being friends with him.

My legs waved at the edge of the stage as we waited for the kids to enter. "Do you want to dance while we wait?" I asked Daniel who was at the back of me. He shook his head frantically saying no.

I stood up from the edge of the stage and walked the centre, where he was sitting cross legged. I forcefully yanked him up when I got there. "I'm not dancing."

"Come on it'll be fun." I told him

"There's no music." He said

"We don't need it." I said, "We can do those dance moves we came up with the first time I saw you dance." I told him

"I don't remember them." He lied. There wasn't any way he didn't because we have dance them about five times since then, and he didn't forget dance moves easily. If anyone could have forgotten dance moves between us both, it would be me.

"You're lying." I called him out "Come on."

"Fine." He huffed. "But if someone sees I'm going to kill you."

"Okay ready." I ignored his empty threat as I counted to three and we started dancing. I sang the music out loud and Daniel soon started singing along. I could already feel that were both in a good mood already. Dancing always made me feel better whenever I was in a shady mood.

"And the crowd goes." I said when the dance was finished, adding a faded out scream to imitate the sound of a large crown cheering, running around stage in a circle.

"You guys are good." I stopped on my tracks when a voice said. There were two boys in the hall now, and they must have seen us dance and one of them must have spoken. I think they were in the talent show. My thoughts were confirmed when more kids started entering the room.

Daniel

Mrs Simphiwe came to help us talk to the kids in the talent show. The principal must have talked to her about my plan. She walked to the stage and gave me and Alec a smile before greeting us, telling us how proud she is for us doing this. She turned towards the kids to explain why they were here. I'm not very good in front of crowds. I doubt I was going to be able to utter a word. I hope Alec is going to be able to do most of the talking.

"As far as we all know, bullying has been a very serious problem for a long time in this school. And it's not only a problem here but in a lot of other schools. Daniel came up with a good way to fight back against the bullies and he needs your help. Him and Alec are here to tell you more about it." She said before turning to us. I wished she hadn't stopped. She was doing great by herself. She should've just told them everything.

"Don't be nervous, if you convinced the principal you can convince them." She whispered to me.

"Hey, I've got this." Alec grinned "Well you too, but I've totally got this in the bag."

I slightly smiled rolling my eyes. Typical Alec. I really wish I could be as confident as him. Especially at times like this.

"Hey what's up guys?" he greeted, speaking into the microphone. "As Mrs Simphiwe said, bullying is a huge problem and I would personally know as Daniel and I have gone through it. The plan is to make the talent show 'fighting against bullies' themed so we can use our talents to fight. Well, your guys talents since we are kicked out of the show won't be able to participate. Then, we can make it air on YouTube, so everyone everywhere can see."