Chapter 6

Ty

We finally got to the restaurant, we decided to go to Outback because Tay and Yaya wanted steak. Yaya and Dre were all hugged up in front of us while we walked into the restaurant and me and Tay just walked beside each other in an awkward silence.

I didn't know what to say or do and it's like I like him but I'm not gay... and I don't wanna hurt him or ruin our friendship by us getting into a relationship and me finding out that I don't like it anymore, so I just push my feelings towards him down and stay happy that we are as close as we are. Hell I doubt he even likes me.

We got seated and I was sitting beside Tay and Yaya and Dre day across from us, "So what movie y'all wanna go see?" Dre asked. "Something scary." Yaya answered, I agreed with her. "You know good and well you can't stand horror movies," Tay teased her, "But horror sounds good to me though." He finished, we all laughed and Yaya mugged him, "Fuck you Tay." "No thanks, I already have a lot of people in line wanting to do that." He said smiling. "Like Ty?" She asked and I choked on my water, "Don't bring me into yalls shit." I said.

Tay

After us talking and cutting up, the waiter finally came and I must say he was fine ass fuck like I just wanna- lemme stop, I'm a virgin of Christ, I could never.... but i could. As I admired his features, I started to recognize him, we follow each other on Instagram and he's always liking and commenting on my pictures. "Welcome to Outback, I'm your waiter, Deon, are you guys ready to order?" He asked looking directly at me, "Yeah, I'll have the ribeye steak, well-done," Yaya ordered her food, then Dre, then Ty, "Okay. What about you, what can I get you?" Deon asked me, giving me a small wink. I felt my face get hot and looked down at the menu, "I'll have the ribeye steak as well, medium-rare, please." Yaya scrunched up her face, "Nasty, always eating your steak raw." I laughed, "Hey, I like it raw so..." Deon shot his head up at me and smirked, "Alright, I'll go put these orders in and be right back with your appetizers."

They all turned and looked at me, "He likes something off the menu." Yaya said sipping her tea. Dre nodded, "Mhm... especially when you made that liking it raw joke. He tryna rawdog the fuck outa you." We all started laughing except for Ty, he just sat there looking annoyed, "It was kinda unprofessional if you ask me. The way he was looking at you." I rolled my eyes, "It's fine, Im just that bitch he wanna get a taste of."

A few minutes passed and he came back with the appetizers, "Here you guys go," he put the food on the table in front of everyone, "Your food is being made now, I'll be back with it soon." They all dig in but I was raised right so I thanked him, "Thank you." I said before he walked off. "You welcome, beautiful." He said, walking off. Yaya started play choking on her food, "Oop- he want it Tay he wants it." She said in her ghetto girl voice. I started laughing, "He was just being nice, that's all." Ty rolled his eyes, "A lil too nice." Dre threw a sugar packet at him, "Shut up, let the boy live. If he wanna get some of that Tay magic let him have some." He started laughing until Ty stood up, "Say sum else like that again and ima beat your ass and that lil minimum wage working ass nigga." I looked at him like he was stupid and noticed Deon waiting a table near us and he looked over at Ty like he heard him. Ty tried to sit down but I pushed him back up, "Move, I gotta go pee." I said pushing him out the way.

I started making my way towards Deon as he was headed to the kitchen to put in the order, "The bathroom the other way." Ty yelled back to me. "Fuck you, I know where I'm going." I yelled back. Just before Deon opened the door, I called out his name, "Deon!" he turned and looked at me and started smiling, "Wassup shawty." I started blushing and looked down, "I-I just came to a-a-apologize for what m-my f-f-friend said about y-you." I was stuttering like a bitch. "Y'all good. I mean he just being protective of his boyfriend." He responded. "Oh no, we're not dating, we just friends." I chuckled. "Oh really," he asked and started smirking and I nodded, "So that means you'll let me take you out sometime?" I was shocked for a second but started smiling, "let's see how good this food is first, then I'll let you know." He started smirking again, "Aight shawty. But lemme go and put this order in before I get fired for getting distracted talking to a cute ass nigga." I smiled and turned around to walk off. "Damn.." I heard him say and I just kept walking.

I got back to the table and Ty mugged the hell outa me, "What was all that about?" I mugged him back, "I went to go apologize to him for what your fucking rude ass said about him." He rolled his eyes, "Well he should've never been looking at you like that. Do your job and take orders, that's what you getting paid for." I shook my head, "Ion know what your problem is but you need to fix it. And fix it quick." I said sitting down and getting on my phone.

Just then, Deon returned with our food. He gave me mines first and I said a quick prayer and cut a piece of the steak off and ate it, "It's good." I said looking directly at him. "So is that a yes?" He asked me. I smiled and grabbed a napkin, "You got a pen?" He handed me one and I wrote down my number. He put it in his pocket, "Bet. You guys enjoy your food." And he walked off. "He's not getting a tip, I hope he knows that." Ty said eating his food. "That's fine. I'll be sure to give him something no money can buy." I whispered in his ear. He turned to look at me, "I dare you to do it, see if he lives to see you again." I pushed him away from me and went back to eating.

We all started talking about random things; school, work, the future and in the middle of us talking my phone vibrated. I checked it and it was from an unsaved number:

Wassup shawty. Look up, its me.

I looked up and seen Deon looking dead at me from the booth at the other side of the restaurant.

Hey stalker. 😂

You'd probably want me stalking you. 😂

Boy shut up. 😂

I never got your name by the way 🤔

Tay

Well nice to meet you Tay soo you free tmmw I'm off of work so I can come pick you up or we can meet up somewhere.

Yeah I'm free tmmw. My friends are leaving tonight so I don't have anything else to do.

Aight bet . Enjoy ya food lil cutie

I smiled and put my phone down and rejoined our conversation.

We finished eating and was about to leave before I stopped in my tracks, "I'll meet you guys in the car I have to use the bathroom," They all looked at me like I was lying, "For real this time." And they went to the car and I made my way to the bathroom.

I got finished peeing and I heard someone come in as I was washing my hands, "You bout to leave?" I started smiling at his voice, "Yeah, we got a movie to go see." He just stood there smiling, showing his pearly whites as he stared at me. "What? Is there something on my face?" I asked and turned to look at the mirror to check my face and nose. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a kiss, I was shocked yes, but I've always thought he was cute whenever I seen him on Instagram and maybe developed a small crush, so I kinda kissed him back.

Before it got too far I pulled away, "That's enough of that." I said looking down, blushing. He picked my chin up to look at him, "Stop looking down. You too beautiful for allat." I smiled, "I-I have to get going." He nodded and moved out the way and I exited the bathroom and headed to the car...

Deon