Meeting Negan

We had been ordered to kneel, and obviously we all obliged. We were scared. I was terrified. The saviours made my blood boil. But all I could think about was my Daryl. He'd been taken as prisoner and I hadn't seen him for what felt like months. I had no clue if he was alive. My heart ached for him. One of the saviours banged on the side of an RV and out stepped a tall, dark haired arrogant looking guy. He had a smug look across his face and began to speak.

"Pissing our pants yet?"

After figuring out who Rick was, he started droning on.

"I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people"

At this point I wasn't really listening, I kept zoning out. All I could think about was Daryl. I needed to know he was alive. Negan shouted, startling me.

"But despite all of this, I've got you pricks a present."

Two saviours came out from behind the trees with a man tied up in between them. My eyes widened as I realised who it was. It was him. He was alive. Looking battered and broke. But the main thing is he was alive. They kicked him to the floor, and he shuffled towards me. He got on his knees and was right next to me. So close I could hear his breath. I gingerly held my hand out so Daryl could take it. He did. I squeezed his hand and after he did the same. It was only a squeeze by my god it was a relief, to feel his touch after so long. I thought this had gone unnoticed but as soon as our hands parted Negan spotted it.

"What do we have here? Daryl has a girlfriend?" He laughed.

He began to look me up and down and bent down, so he was at my level. He sneered and asked

"And what is your name pretty?"

I stared deep into his eyes and answered.

"Go fuck yourself." I spat.

Negan, and the saviours began to roar with laughter. He placed his bat under my chin and forced my head up, so I was looking at him again.

"Interesting name, was your mother a crack head?" He bellowed.

***************

Two of my friends, who felt like family to me had just been brutally murdered in front of me. I could not stop shaking. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Daryl clenching his fists. I knew what he was about to do. Just as he was about to pounce, I put my arm out to stop him.

"Daryl don't" I begged.

Stepping backwards in surprise Negan nearly stumbled on a rock.

"You better thank this mysterious girl because she might have just saved your life. You could have ended up being splattered like your friends over here." He chuckled.

Negan did not peel his eyes off me. I could feel them burning into my skin. I knew he wanted me to look at him and I did not want that bat near me again, especially as it was soaked with the blood of my friends. I raised my head to look at him and he smiled.

He spoke softly. The first time for the whole encounter that he spoke with a kind tone in his voice. It sounded odd and I didn't know whether I was relieved to hear it or more scared.

"Please tell me what your name is."
I wasn't going to put up a fight anymore, I sighed and then answered him.

"Its Emma."

Negan gathered his men together and picked his bat, that he called Lucille, up off the floor and attempted to shake off the blood and guts that had coated it. He loaded up the RV and grabbed Rick by the collar. He bundled him into the back of the vehicle and turned around once more to face us. He stared directly at me. He then spoke one last time.

"Love the name by the way."

Negan winked at me. Closed the door behind him and took Rick off somewhere and we had absolutely no clue what was going to happen next.