"I love you, angel"

I met Negan four years ago and he welcomed me into the sanctuary and gave me protection and provided safety. I never in a million years thought we'd fall in love. But it happened. When I first met him, I found him far too arrogant, but he did intrigue me. It seemed I also intrigued him. My sharp tongue and attitude are what drew him in. His methods I admit are not the best, but he gets shit done and he protects the people he cares about. He won't admit it but he's a softie really, has a huge heart and I can see that side of him. It may not be clear to everyone else, but it is to me. Yeah when I met him, he had 5 wives, ha very legal, well I suppose laws don't apply to us anymore but when he started discovering his feeling for me, he got rid of them all. I don't mean killed them, he just stopped with the privileges and told them he was falling for someone.

I often went on runs with the saviours and made frequent trips to Alexandria. I was a good fighter, I had years of practice plus before the "end of the world" I used to box. Today we were on a trip to Alexandria to collect our usual items. I admit at first, I felt uncomfortable about taking stuff off people but when Negan convinced me it was for survival, I started to come around to it. I did hate the war between the two sides, I wish we could work together and team up but let's face it that would never happen. I had been in correspondence with a man who lived in Alexandria. I often wrote to him, but he didn't know exactly who I was. I always used a fake name as I didn't want him to know about my true relationship with Negan.

I was stood around with a group of saviours with people from Alexandria on their knees in front of us. I knew exactly what was about to happen. Negan was going to kill one of them. I didn't want to that to happen, I just wanted this war to be over for both sides to surrender and stop butchering each other. That's the thing though Negan was retaliating. Members of Alexandria had broken into a saviours outpost and murdered people as they slept. Negan had ranted for the past week or so about how they had to be punished. So as soon as Simon ordered everyone on their knees, I knew exactly what was going to happen. I instantly spotted Glenn in the line-up. I was hoping nothing happened to him. In his letters he'd told me how his wife was pregnant and how it was the only thing he was looking forward to.

Negan stepped out of the RV and began patronising the group. He lectured them about murdering some of the saviours. I started to feel uncomfortable, the man I loved was making me feel horrible. I wanted to leave but that would create a scene, so I decided it was best not to. He started to play eenie meenie miny moe to taunt them, deciding who he'd kill. This was evil. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This was not the same man I fell in love with. He was a monster. His bat, Lucille, landed over the top of the head of a ginger man, who I didn't recognise. Negan lifted it up and smacked down. I couldn't watch. I started to feel repulsed. I could hear the bashing of this man's brains. After a few minutes he looked over at me and I signalled to go but he ignored me. Then one of the members made a huge mistake. Daryl, who'd been a prisoner at the sanctuary took a swing at Negan and was forced back on to then ground by some of our men.

My eyes began to fill with tears. Negan was currently bashing Glenn's head in. I couldn't believe it. He was about to become a dad and I'm pretty sure Negan knew this. How could he do this? He knows exactly what its like to grow up fatherless and he told me about how painful it was. I couldn't stand this a second longer, I turned around and ran in the opposite direction. I didn't hear any footsteps, so it was clear no one had noticed. Negan was too busy caving the poor mans head in. I didn't look back once, I just kept running. Running as far and as fast as I could. I'd been running so quickly that I failed to notice the steep edge I just tripped down. In complete agony at the bottom, I tried to climb to my feet but couldn't. In the distance I could hear what sounded like a walker. Fuck. I didn't have a weapon on me. My knife must have fallen out as I was running. Why didn't I bring a gun? I was right, it was a walker and it had spotted me, it started moving towards me. I searched around for anything I could use as a weapon. There was nothing. I pushed so hard to get up and eventually did but I was walking at the pace of a walker at this point. I was concentrating on my foot so hard that I did not see the mass gathering of walkers ahead of me. One pushed into me and took a bite out of my shoulder. I screamed out. It was the worst pain I'd ever felt. This was how it was going to end. I was going to be ripped to shreds. I fell to the floor and began to sob hysterically. I pushed the walkers away from me but hardly had any strength.

Gunfire rang out and all the walkers suddenly dropped to the floor beside me.

"Amy" I heard a voice screeching.

It was him. They'd found me. Negan ran towards me and scooped me up in his arms.

"Hang on we'll get you back to the sanctuary."

I smiled and whispered

"It's too late, it got my shoulder."

Negan shook his head and I saw tears fall from his eyes. I reached up and wiped them from his face.

"Promise me one thing. End the war. Stop the killing. Please. For me." I asked

Negan nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Oh, and please, don't let me turn. Do what you have to. I love you." I added.

Spluttering and shaking Negan pulled a gun from his belt and held it to my head.

"I love you, angel." He softly said.

BANG

**************

In the sanctuary Negan took his radio and began to speak.

"Rick, can you hear me?"

A voice on the opposite end spoke

"Yes I can."

Negan brought the radio close to his mouth and whispered

"This is over. It's done. No more killing. I wont ever come to Alexandria again and you won't come here. Goodbye"

The other voice did not respond. Negan put the radio down next to him and put his head in to his hands. Tears rolled down his face and he looked at his wrist. He was wearing a bracelet that Amy had scavenged for him a year ago. He smiled and kissed it while whispering

"Sleep tight, angel."