He makes me smile (Negan's POV)

Rick fucking Grimes. God that man drove me insane, but he was the person I constantly had on my mind. I wanted him so bad. I know that's wrong considering we're on different sides and we've murdered each other's people, but I couldn't help myself. He makes me smile. Everything about him was appealing. His shaggy hair and thick beard, his piercing blue eyes, his broken but beautiful face. I could go on. I was tormenting myself; I wanted this man so badly, but I knew it couldn't have him. Did he feel the same? Probably not, but I sometimes catch him checking me out or staring at my lips for a few seconds too long. He could never show his feelings, if he had any, his group would exile him. Hey that wouldn't be so bad I suppose, he could come live with me.

****************

We filed into Alexandria on our weekly visit to take items that we demanded. I stepped out of the truck and noticed him instantly. Jesus Christ, he looked good today. I mean he always looked good but there was something extra today. With a slight arrogance I strolled towards him and spoke.

"I missed you."

Rick rolled his eyes and answered.

"The stuff is in the pantry, take what you want and go."

Negan shook his head and replied

"You are so rude Mr Grimes. I shall leave when I please."

Rick began to get annoyed and stormed off towards his house. Slightly guilty for annoying him I followed. I climbed up his steps and pushed open the door. He hadn't realised I was following him, and he jumped.

"Get out." He demanded.

"My god Rick, that is no way to speak to a guest. What the fuck are you being so rude for?" I asked.

Anger came over Rick and he clenched his fists and started to rant.

"Rude. I think I'm allowed to be rude to you given what you have fucking done. You bashed my friends heads in with that sadistic weapon of yours, you come here all god and mighty taking our shit and leaving us to starve. And what makes it worse is I'm having all these feelings for you that I shouldn't and I..."

His breathing started to speed up and he was panicking. He held his chest and gasped for air.

"Rick, Rick, Rick, its ok, you're ok. Come here." I spoke.

I put my arms round him, and he nuzzled his head into my chest. His breathing was still frantic but as I started to stroke his hair it slowly calmed down. He looked up towards me with tears dropping from his eyes and whispered

"Why did I ever have to meet you?"

I smiled and kissed the top of his head and answered

"Well I'm sure as shit glad that we did meet."