Somethings missing

{Adrien's Pov}

"There are many wonderful things in life that are worth the memories and keeping them in your life," my mom told me as she sat down on my couch. "I know mom, and I'm glad that I have many things to treasure with you and dad."

She smiles and gives me a hug, "I'm so happy that you have grown to live the life you have." I smiled, "Well being an actor is very fun, especially the crew they are very good people."

After having a conversation with mom, I wanted to check on dad for a movie I'll be staring in. I head towards the office, but he was nowhere to be found, I then head towards his room and knocked.

I then hear some small ruffles, "Come in." I walked in, "Hey dad, guess what." He turns to me with a soft smile, to me it doesn't look like he was trying to hide something from the smile.

"What is it Adrien?" I continue, "I'll be starting in a movie soon." He pats my hand, "That's amazing son." I smiled as I head out of the room, I turned around to see him holding a box.

I thought nothing of it till he began to get sad, I quietly closed the door, what's in the box that makes father so sad? Is it something....important? I then walked towards the front door to take a walk around the garden, till Nathalie stops me, "Adrien sorry to bother, but you seem to have a family photo shoot starting at 11:45 pm, so don't get messy."

I chuckled, "Don't worry, I'm not little anymore." She chuckles back, "I know. Enjoy your day." I head to the garden and sat on the concrete stone bench that's surrounded with beautiful red roses, the butterflies fluttered through the air, one landed on me finger.

I smiled as it flew away, I then hear mother humming, she was tending the garden, "Lovely morning for the roses to bloom isn't it." Mother smiled, "It is Adrien, and look a beautiful white butterfly."

The white butterfly flew around me, it then landed on my shoulder. I smiled as mother walked towards me, "It seems like you made a friend."

I chuckled, "I always wanted to have a butterfly as a friend, they seem beautiful to be around." I then looked at my watch, "It's 11:30." Mother then sighs, "Looks like it's almost time for our family portrait." She smiles as I smile back, "Yup, I might as well get ready for the shoot."

I head back in the house and Nathalie gave me the clothes to wear for the photo, I head to my room to change. I checked myself out, "Not bad, it's pretty good looking for me." I head to the living room where the photo will be taking.

Mom and dad came looking amazing as ever, the photographer arrived and we get ready for the photo shoot. Once it was finished we changed back and went to see the photo. The photographer then said, "Mr. Agreste, did you have something on your shirt before we took the photo?"

"No, there was no stain or any marks on my clothing why?" The photographer was concerned, "It appears that you have a red butterfly on your shirt next to Adrien." We were on shocked, we then looked at the photo ourselves.

It was us like how it should be, but when father checked on himself there was no red butterfly. Then suddenly tears formed from our eyes, "What's going on?" I wiped the tears and so did my mom, father didn't. Instead he held on the photo as more tears fall.

I asked, "Father what's wrong?" He takes an deep breath, "It's nothing Adrien." He then heads to his room as mom follows. I couldn't process to what happened, I then head to my room confused.

"Why were we crying? Why did father say nothing as if he has been....." it hit me, that butterfly must meant something that relates to him being so sad.

I then head to fathers room, mother was comforting him. He then turns to me, "Did you need something Adrien?" I was concerned, "Father.....are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine, there is nothing for you to worry about......" I looked at mom as she too was also sad, she then looked away as I noticed that she was crying.

I then gave them both a hug, and decided to let them be. I walked passed our old photos of us till I noticed that butterfly appeared again, then the tears came down, what does this all mean?