If only we remember

He then looked at me and quickly put them, "Adrien, is there something you need?" I head over to his desk, I quietly gulped, "I wanted to ask you.....about Y/n's quilt." He looks at bit puzzled, "What do you want to know?"

"That....You...And...." I take a deep breath, "What do you remember about the day she made you that quilt." I couldn't bring myself to tell him, but maybe he can tell me a lot about the quilt and why it's so special.

He softly sighs, "On the day she gave me the quilt, she discovered something she shouldn't have." He clenched his fist, "I was ashamed for everything, it was supposed to be a birthday gift for me. Yet after that day I...." he stops.

He then looks down, puts his hand on his face and sighs, "That quilt she made was full of love, she was always there to try and put a smile on my face. Now that she's gone......this is all I have left of her....."

I look away feel more bad about it, I can't make him burn the quilt. There has to be another way, "So when ever that specific date comes it's because it's?...."

"Her birthday....." I sat down on a chair that's close to his desk, "Oh...." He softly smiles, "Honestly....I always loved her, I just she knows that after what I put her through...." I held my hands together, "Father....when she was gone, that's when you decided to hide her room."

"So you saw her room.....shameful that it was the only room in this house that feels like someone was supposed to be there.....but if there was a chance to bring her back, I'd do anything...."

"Anything?....." he slowly nods, I look down nervously, "What about.....burning the quilt...." He got up, "What!" I get up, "Listen father—"

"Burn the quilt! How can I do something like that, it's all I have of her! And if I burn it, I don't want to forget her!" I take a step back, he then sat back down, "I'm sorry Adrien....I need a moment alone."

I left his office and went outside on the front yard to sit and think, I knew he would be upset....I don't blame him...there has to be another way if he won't burn the quilt. Maybe Y/n isn't telling me how to bring her back because of the eddy it might have.

I stare at the sky, a white butterfly fluttered around me. I softly spoke, "Y/n, I tried to tell dad, but he was very upset. You should've seen him." The butterfly landed on my shoulder, I softly sighed, "What am I going to do...."

The butterfly then fluttered to the garden, it made sure I was looking, "Did you want me to follow?" It then fluttered away so I followed to the garden, I spotted mom watering the roses.

"Adrien, what a lovely day we're having." I softly shrugged, "I guess...." She looks at me, "Is something bothering you sweetheart?" I looked down, "Mom....What do you know about Y/n...."

She sighs, "I remember her gentle smile, her warm hugs, and the love she gave to everyone in this house.....But now I know so little about her....no matter how hard I try to remember, there wasn't much. If only something could make me remember....."

I deeply sighed and looked at the garden, the white butterflies fluttered around the roses. "But I know that I can see a bit of her within this garden." she softly smiles.