The aching pain

"What! The quilt you made for dad when you were still alive, not a chance! I can't burn dad's most precious memories of you!" She deeply sighs, "You can't just burn the quilt on your own, father has to burn it himself."

I didn't want it to be the only solution we got, but how can I convince my father to burn the special quilt. "Well it's going to be a lot harder for him to do such thing, I'll let him talk to you."

"That can't happen...." I looked at her face, she was getting nervous, "What do mean? You can talk to him right?" She shakes her head no, "It's not going to be a good idea, I don't want him to feel guilty for my death....."

"Hmm, well I won't tell him that we talked but I don't think he'll understand why I have to burn the quilt. I feel like it's up to you to help him move on." She turns away, "I understand.....Adrien, please help our dad."

I closed my eyes as she hugs me, once I opened my eyes, I appeared in my room. Was it all a dream....no it can't be, this must be real. I then noticed that it was morning, I got up and checked if I had anything planned on my schedule.

"Hmmm, oh yea. I have a fashion designer coming to make some new outfits for my next monthly model magazine." Luckily it's in the afternoon, which gives me time to see father.

I head to his office, I gently knocked, "Come on." I opened the door to see my father, he looks at me, "Hello Adrien, what brings you here today?"

"Well.....I can here just to talk." He softly smiled, "Oh, is there something you want to talk about?" I was a bit nervous, but didn't know how to explain it, "What was Y/n like?"

He flinched then slowly looks at me, "What made you ask that question." his voice sounded sad and bitter, "Well.....when I saw you crying in your room from that specific day, I noticed that you were holding onto something......so I snuck in and saw what you were holding."

"You what?!" I take a step back, "I wasn't trying to disrespect your privacy, it's just......I hate to see you sad when that day came." He looks down very sadly, I stood next to him.

"I just want to know..... why can't I remember her for so long......." he then hugged me, I hugged him back. "I'm sorry Adrien......I wish you could remember her, but.......there is no way of changing things."

I softly sigh, "What if there is." He looks at me, "What do you mean?" I slowly hesitated, "That quilt.....Y/n made it right." He nods, "She Gabe it to me on my birthday, back when I wasn't a good father........"

I can see his tears forming, I guess that quilt really means a lot to him.....this is going to be difficult..... "Father, I'm going to need you to do me a huge favor."

He looks at me, I was getting nervous, "It's something very important and it has to be done." He ask, "What is it Adrien?" I slowly gulped, "I need you...... to burn-"

Nathalie walks in, "Adrien, your fashion designer appointment had been scheduled to arrive shortly." My father softly smiled, "We'll talk later ok?" I head out of his office to then head to the living.

I didn't think she would arrive this early, I wanted to tell my dad about burning the quilt......but I guess that'll have to wait.... i spotted them sitting on the couch. She turns to me, "Hi Adrien."

I smiled, "Hello Marinette."