The shining light

It was her, my sister, "Y/n.....you look so beautiful....." I started to cry as the butterfly fluttered on the photo. The whole gang of butterflies then lead me outside, they took my to mothers garden.

"The garden......?" I went to sit on the stone bench as the butterflies formed a figure, I wasn't sure who it was till it was Y/n.

"Y/n!?" She looks at me with tears in her eyes, "Adrien....is it really you?" My tears flowed down my face as I smiled, "It's me Y/n, I...I missed you...."

"I missed you too Adrien." I then got concerned, "Wait Y/n, how did you die? Why couldn't father or mother told me about you? Why was your room empty, but filled at night!?"

"Adrien, Adrien relax...one at a time. Ok....did you find the earrings and ring?" I then took them out of my pocket, "These?" She nods, "Yes...They used to be a miraculous, with those two used together, they could grant any wish. But......"

"But what?" She sighs, "But it cost a price of the soul who granted the wish." I was confused, "But how did this happen!?" She then heads towards me, "You see......father granted that wish in order to bring back mother back, but as he granted the wish I snatched the miraculous and sacrificed myself."

"N-No!" She starts to tear, "The reason why mom and dad didn't tell you all this, was because father blames himself for my death.....he didn't want you to know that he was the reason for my death. He could've sacrificed himself, but I wanted you to have a family so that's why I sacrificed myself for you to be happy."

"No Y/n! None of us wanted you to leave us, we all missed you. But it doesn't explain why your room was hidden and changed throughout the day...."

She looks at the night sky, "That's because Adrien, I am not really dead.....I may sacrifice my soul for mother, but part of my soul hasn't left. So as the room gets empty and the bloody butterflies appeared on those photos is because I'm still hear."

"I don't understand, is there a way to bring you back?" She sadly shakes her head no, "Unfortunately there isn't a way, because those miraculous was the one who brought mom back to life. While I remain like this forever."

I cling onto my arms as the tears flow down, "It can't be.....there has to be a way.....there has to." I then felt her gentle hand on my face as she smiles softly, "Don't worry Adrien, its best that I remain like this...."

"Why! I don't want that! I want you to be here with everyone!" She sighs, "It's not easy for me to stay like this Adrien, having the ones you loved grow up knowing you can't be a part of he family."

"What ever it takes Y/n, I will do anything to bring you back." She starts to tear up, "What if bringing me back, will make mom die....." I held her soft hand, "It won't, I won't let that happen. Are you sure there is no way to bring you back?"

"I'm sure Adrien, besides I made you have a happy family. You have mom and dad, dad suffered a lot when she was gone. You and I weren't happy...that is till you became Chat Noir."

"The hero? How did I even get that ring?" She continues, "The guardian of the miraculous gave it to you because you had the spirit of a hero. But it all changed when father was the villain and tried to take them away to make that wish."

"You mean.....he was going to hurt me to bring back mom?" She nods, "But I stepped in after knowing your identities, I had to fight you in order to bring mom back. In the end you gave in and that was how everything changed."

"I....I can't believe it....then what am I supposed to do knowing all of this." She sits next to me, "Adrien, in order for this to end I need you and dad to let go."

"We can't! You mean everything to us!" She shakes her head no, "My soul will not rest until you do one thing." I asked, "What is it?"

"Burn the quilt."