1/ Where It All Went Wrong

It wasn't until just recently when Atsumu and Y/N began to drift apart. On the outside, and to Atsumu, everything was normal; but Y/N felt quite differently.

When they first started dating, they couldn't have been more in love: going on fun dates together, showing affection as much as they could, and supporting each other in their extracurriculars. 

Y/N was relatively known in her 2nd-year class, but she had to admit her popularity skyrocketed now that she was dating one of the Miya twins. She gained a lot of new friends, some of which she kept closer than others, and was invited to many, many parties hosted by the Inarizaki boy's volleyball team. 

She'd always been passionate about music in general, but I guess her talent became more noticeable now that she was in the spotlight. And just her luck that she ended up joining a girl-group that was quite well-known in the area as their lead vocalist (kinda like an idol group).

"A perfect boyfriend, limitless popularity, and recognition of your talent? How could you possibly feel out of place?"

...is what people would ask her when she would try and tell them her true feelings. No one ever really listened though except for her childhood friend Yui Michimiya.

The reason why Y/N felt so out of place in the first place was a combination of things: mainly overhearing gossip between different girls saying the only reason they liked her was because of her boyfriend and his friends, and having some disputes with her singing group. 

But the main one was Atsumu himself.

Recently, he'd become really obsessed with volleyball, so much so that their dates ceased, fun trips to each other's houses where nonexistent, and the only texts exchanged between each other was the occasional "I love you" only said by Y/N, or the typical "good night" "good morning". 

She'd try to be as supportive as she could, knowing how much volleyball means to him and how serious he got when he would play. But she still couldn't help but feel so lonely and unloved when he practically forgot about her. Even without seeing each other outside of school, they never really saw each other in school because they were indifferent classes (Y/N was a little smarter than our boy Atsumu).

Not knowing how to deal with all these sad emotions, Y/N put them on the back burner, waiting for a moment for her to talk about it with her boyfriend. 

Well....that was before that dreadful week.

The week had already started rough due to a little fight she had with her group during weekend practice, and spilled over into Monday. Because she was working so hard to create new lyrics and tracks all weekend, studying for her tests was not her priority; and it showed on her tests she took that day. 

On Tuesday while she was passing by Atsumu's classroom to drop off a study guide she made for him, she saw him talking with Suna, Osamu and a group of girls.  He and the others were smiling at them and seemed to be having a pretty entertaining conversation. Thankfully, a person she knew was about to walk into the classroom, so she gave it to him to give to Atsumu. After that, there were no texts exchanged for the rest of the day.

Wednesday was probalby the best day because Y/N begged her parents to let her stay home so she could finish the bridge to a song her group was working on. Unfortunately, there was not a single text from Atsumu or any of her "friends" if she was ok since she rarely misses school. After sending in the bridge in the morning, she was met by pretty nasty texts from the group about how this wasn't good enough. Y/N, who was already tired of the nonsense of her group, told them off one last time and decided that she would be going solo. After a bitter-sweet...mostly bitter departure,  she felt a little bit of the weight of the week fall off her shoulder.