4/ New Friends, Old Faces

Heyyyy

Sorry for the lack of updates, 

They will be steady from now on

Just for reference though, this story doesn't really follow events of the manga/anime but let's just say where we are now is after Kageyama, Tsuki, and Hinata go to their camps, but before Nationals.

Ok then enjoy!

==========================================

After practice was over for the night, the Karasuno volleyball team and Y/N made there way to dinner to get ready for the big games they had coming up. Surpisingly, Y/N was able to get along with everyone and was able to talk to them and get to know them more. Admittedly, it was awkward having to sit next to Kageyama, since he wasn't that much of a talker.

"Um..." Y/N started as she finally decided to start a conversation with him, "I meant to ask you this earlier, but did you by chance go to Kitagawa First? I don't know it's just that you seemed kinda familiar to me, haha," she awkwardly laughed waiting for his answer.

"Yeah...I did," he plainly stated. Y/N just continued to smile even though the situation was awkward.

Kill me now.

"Oh cool! I went there too but I guess you probably don't even remember since I was a second year and it's been so long," she said as she stirred her drink with her straw. "You played volleyball then to right? If I remember you were the...setter?" she tried to recall as much info as she could.

"Yeah, you're right..." he said briefly shooting her a glance then looking away. "Uh...during your last year you were in the musical, right?" he said, which surprised Y/N that he was able to recall it.

"Unfortunately yes," she face palmed, "You came to watch?" she questioned, a little embarrassed.

"I watched like maybe 20 minutes of it and then I left cause it was so bad. I hope you aren't doing any of that stuff anymore." he deadpanned as he too started to stir his straw. 

Y/N gave him an awkward smile, "Yeah, wasn't one the best performances I've done," she chuckled, "But actually, I did kinda continue on that track, except I just decided to focus on my singing to save my self-esteem,"

"So you some type of idol or something?" he asked, actually turning his body and attention towards her.

"Yeah, well, as of now not really. I used to be in a group back in Hyogo but because of...creative differences, they decided to split from me..." Y/N said a little solely as she looked down.

Kageyama felt bad for bringing it up, seeing that it was probably a sensitive issue, but he was also really curious about her. "Hey, uh, why did you come here in the first place? To Miyagi, I mean. Like, you're pretty far into your second year so why leave?" 

Y/N sighed, "Fine, you seem like you'd actually listen so I'll tell ya". She started from the very beginning, leaving some details out (*ahem*...Atsumu), but pretty much told Kageyama most of what happened. Surprisingly, as she continued with the story, he was more emotional than he had been all night, in a concerned kinda way. The night went on and after telling someone about it and getting their input, it seemed less tense than it had before and Y/N was actually able to enjoy herself. But besides all the fun, something that Kageyama said to Y/N really resonated with her:

Keep the people who make you happy and if they don't, let them go.

==========================================