I'm Sorry~Jimin

Jimin had pondered for weeks ever since the Society's letter. He had thought out a painstaking plan after countless nights of overworking with the help of Namjoon. It was clear and crisp, Jimin thought as he stared at the packet of powder. But the last part to enact was hard. 

He had been able to attain support from Kim Namjoon's brother, Kim Seokjin, an amiable bachelor that needed high maintenance but was enjoyable to be around along with their youngest brother named Kim Taehyung and his partner, Jung Hoseok. Kim Taehyung was queer, but in a good way, and they were great friends although Jimin hadn't really had time to stay in contact with Taehyung, with Jungkook and all that. Anyways Kim Taehyung had his own priorities, Jimin thought as his mind shifted to Jung Hoseok. The first time he had met him, he was blown away by the way he acted, like a ball of sunshine and energy. They all had agreed to lend support, the Kim's were a huge influence in military and Jung's were big in politics. The other section, Jimin would have to be enacted after, well, after Jungkook. 

Jimin smiled wryly. Jungkook's personality wasn't new to him. They knew each other inside out, close as the best of best friends and more. There was no way Jungkook would accept to...it. So therefore he had to take the low road and the very thought of that caused Jimin to contort his face sourly. 

"What must be done has to be done." Jimin tried to comfort himself but the ball of guilt in his stomach intensified when he saw what Jungkook's betrayed expression would be like. Feel like. 

Jimin really didn't want to do it, but he had no other choice and his plan couldn't proceed without it. Taking a few deep breaths, he sighed and stood, exiting the room and to the kitchen. As if time ticked in slow motion, Jimin shakily poured the scent less, tasteless, and colorless powder into the glass of water and watched as it dissolved into it, leaving a clear glass of perfectly normal water. 

This is for us, Jungkook.

Jimin took a deep breath and strode into the room, plastering a smile on his face that he so desperately wanted to rip off. Jungkook, innocent Jungkook was sitting on the bed, reading a book with adorable tousled hair. 

No. Get a grip, Jimin. 

Jimin approached the bed and sat on the edge, turning his body to face Jungkook, tongue anxiously licking over his retracted fangs. 

"Jimin." Jungkook looked up from the book and smiled that innocent bunny like smile at Jimin. 

Fudge. This was going to be harder than I thought.

"Kookie." Jimin answered and after a moment's silence, held the glass of water out to Jungkook, doing his best to act like nothing was bothering him and strained his lips even more. 

"Is there something wrong?" Jungkook asked, worry clear in his voice as he took the glass of water appreciatively and drank a mouthful.

A mouthful was enough to have him sleep until after I...deal with the Society.

"Oh no, I'm just tired from work." Jimin lied straight through his teeth, the knot in his stomach settling but coming back full force when he saw Jungkook's heavy eyelids and scrunched up eyebrows.

"I think I'm feeling tired too..." Jungkook mumbled, trying to shake the drowsiness away, his vision starting to blur and unfocus. 

Forgive me.

Jimin watched as Jungkook's head fell on the book with a soft sound, the glass of water miraculously staying upright. He tentatively reached out a arm for the glass and put it to the side, sighing tiredly. 

"Jungkook, I'm sorry." 

Jimin tucked in him and gave one last caress to his fluffy hair before exiting the room with a heavy but determined heart. 

This is for the best.

But he didn't notice the tear that slid down Jungkook's face as he finally fell into deep slumber.

——————————

A/N: Hi guys, how have you been? The climax will not include Jungkook, sadly, which is a bit of a surprise. At least Jungkook doesn't get hurt! I don't know how long this story is compared to other Jikook stories on Wattpad or Ao3, but I hope it's just the right length. The climax will occur in a chapter after a chapter or two and another chapter to wrap things up after the climax. So maybe four chapters left? 

Vote

Comment

Share

*that's if the chapter was good