Forever & Ever

Jaebeom still felt the remnants of the conversation echoing in his head, chilling him to the bone. Shuddering, he took a deep breath, staring at the figure on the bed in Mark's room. 

For some reason, Jackson's body was still complete—but he hadn't woken either. Jaebeom knew he was't allowed to see Jackson, and was probably also restricted from the rest of the members, because if he was within reach of them, the consequences would be dire. 

So with the rest of the group gone, even Mark that had strongly objected to leaving the house, Jaebeom was left alone in the house, along with Jackson. Taking the chance, he paid a visit to Jackson, in his protective hyung' s bedroom to which the certain hyung liked to glare daggers at him, and most likely take him down if he were within reach. 

"Jackson." Jaebeom spoke after staring at the peaceful body or a long time, a solemn tone to his voice. 

Jaebeom continued even though he knew he was talking to a doormat state of a person, "You shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have done that." 

Because it was Mark's room, Jaebeom didn't sit down though his legs felt like jelly, instead opting to lean against the wall. The sunny blonde hair in need of a dye job...the eyelashes that seemed longer than Yugyeom's in the shadows of evening, and the pale skin like an indication that Jackson wasn't merely sleeping. He looked much like a  human corpse, Jaebeom thought. 

But that meant better than what Jackson could become—particles scattered by the four winds. Jaebeom smiled tightly when his eyes found the black leather jacket he had owner since day one, the regular 'Team Wang' SnapBack tightly in his grasp, with a friendship bracelet around the wrist.

The scene would never go away, how much he tried.

"Why? Why couldn't you be like Yugyeom or Youngjae?! Hell, if you toned down the slightest bit, this would never happened!" Jaebeom yelled mercilessly as Jackson flinched, keeping his head low, in an effort to cover his watery eyes. 

It stung horrendously, like a bee that wouldn't stop nagging. He bit down on his lip to prevent the noises from escaping his throat, fidgeting with the bracelet on his wrist that Yugyeom had bought him for his birthday a few decades ago for strength. 

Jackson could feel his spirit crumble and break as Jaebeom continued to lecture him, a shell of his previous hyper yet comedic personality. 

"I—I'm sorry." Jackson knew a sorry wouldn't cut it, but he tried to put forth all the emotion he had into those two words but Jaebeom apparently couldn't hear it. 

"A sorry is nothing. I have let you on loose rein, for far too long. But I had kept on holding onto it," Jaebeom paused, taking a deep breath and Jackson knew what was going to happen next, "And now, I won't." 

Even anticipating it still didn't lessen the pain, instead increasing it because he had been right. He thought back to the American, the angel that greeted him with open arms, the bossy—mom like figure, the Thai misfit that was a usual partner in his crimes, the cutie maknae with a blushing face that put on the bracelet with goodwill, but most of all, the leader in front of him. 

It was for the best, Jackson smiled through the pain, knowing the best thing to do was the thing he despised most—to follow Jaebeom's orders and leave his friends behind and revert back to a lonely lifestyle. That way, he could lessen a single threat, even if it were that fraction of a percentage, he would still do it. 

Bowing his head, the blonde received the blow determinedly, muttering a quick thank you. In no time was he packed, and on the threshold of the home he might never step back in again.