Anger

"You're in charge." Jimin quietly spoke, turning on his heel with one last look at his mess. 

Jaebeom could hardly fathom how to speak, opening his mouth and trying to speak, but only managing a hoarse sound. Although Jackson was the latest addition to their team, arriving with a bright grin last century, he was definitely one who won the hearts of all. 

It was as if the scene was all too clear, the bullet whizzing towards him, right at his chest. The flash of blonde hair, the stiffening, the smile that held only innocence and kindness beyond any vampire aimed at him. 

But most of all, his eyes. They were sparkling, as if he were truly happy to take the bullet, as if he wasn't kicked out from a mansion and onto the streets. 

Jaebeom howled in agony, turning away from the five huddled around the body—the body that still hadn't disintegrated—but soon.   

Jinyoung was silent, as if he were in a dream, numb and unfocused. Youngjae was shaking his arm, yelling as loud as Bambam, disbelieving. Yugyeom was tightly holding onto Jackson's hand, silent tears streaming down his face. 

And Mark—Mark who saw Jaebeom striding to the other side of the room to carry out his duties, was on him in an instant. 

"You idiot of a vampire!" Mark gritted out between clenched teeth, canines elongating and piercing through his flesh, dribbles of blood sliding from the lips. 

Jaebeom said nothing, dismissing the vampires he was just talking with, refusing to look at the elder with lowered eyes. 

"You're lucky Jackson's body hasn't disintegrated on the spot." The icy glare told all that Jaebeom needed to know, and suddenly, Jaebeom went cold because Mark was older than he. With the implication of Mark's words, Mark wanted to tear him to shreds if not for Jackson's still intact body. 

"You would even disregarded our relationship?" Jaebeom asked quietly, slowly turning around to face the elder with hooded eyes. 

"I think you know the answer." 

Jungkook was supposed to wake up soon, Jimin knew. He probably wouldn't take being placed in a coffin, as last minute preparations, but so be it. Either way, he would bear the brunt of his wrath.

Jimin sighed in apprehension, tracing the still open wound from the lethal needle, something that probably would not fully heal until a few days, and leave a scar. But what was life without cruelties? 

Perhaps this was his 'karma', Jimin thought as he uncovered his hood, stepping over the threshold to his home. Any moment. Jimin put the cloak on the hanger by the door, silently punting down the seconds till his favorite person on earth woke up with mixed feelings.

"Why did you do that?" 

Right on time, Jimin wearily closed his eyes briefly before answering, "For you." In an equally as tense voice. 

Jimin thought through the years of romance he has experienced from the audience, evolving from plays and entertainment especially 'Romeo and Juliet' in amphitheaters, to behind the screen in theaters like 'The Notebook', or 'Twilight' (which was a really bad remake of vampires and Jimin had a great time laughing). 

Especially in the tragedies of love, including Chinese dramas, Jimin definitely felt the strong theme of 'the first lover, second male lead, did everything for the female lead, but in the end, the female lead chose the male protagonist instead' tied in with the current situation he was experiencing. 

He thought it was cringy when he watched it, but how wrong he was when he was standing in their shoes. He could feel the splitting knives in his heart, although neither of them had when Jungkook's onslaught of words made his actions glare in an inhumane light.