Chapter 6 - Director Fury

"Y/n?" You groan at the sudden noise and turn away.

"No... not-"

"Y/n?" Thor says a little louder.

"I'm not doing get help..." Thor quirks a brow before looking over his shoulder.

"Y/N!"

"GET HELP!" You bolt upright and bang your head against Thor's head. "Shit! What the duck, Thor?" He holds in a laugh, not bothered by the impact he got.

"Do you know about 'get help'?"

"Get help..." you realise your latest dream was a memory from Thor ragnarok. "Not a word," glaring at him you swing your feet out onto the edge of the bed. Massaging your temple you look up at Thor. "What do you want, Blondie?"

"Director Fury has found out about your existence and requests to meet you in the room of the living," you nod and usher Thor out of the room.

"Oh... shit, well, I'll be out in 10 minutes," he nods and bids you goodbye. Quickly brushing your teeth and combing your hair you change into some respectable clothing. Fiddling a little to calm your nerves, you exit the room to see the Avengers and Loki all standing around. They all turn to you, Loki fixing his gaze from his book. "Hey..." a shy wave was all you did as you approached the group.

"Mx L/n," Fury looked down at you. God he was tall and scary as heck. "It has come to my attention you claim to be from another universe," you nod and fiddle with the hem of your shirt. "You also have proven to have abilities, Asgardian, as you put it,"

"Yes..."

"Yes well, we would like to escort you to SHIELD, you will be kept under watch and will be subject to daily check ups,"

"Woah woah," Tony interrupts Fury pushing you gently behind him. "No way, Director,"

"So what you're saying is they will be locked up and experimented on?" Nat says, getting up close and personal with the director. Fearful thoughts swarmed your mind, this wasn't happening... the Avengers... they wouldn't let it happen... would they?

"I'm simply saying they could be a spy with extended knowledge about you lot," Fury stares down at you. "Unless they can tell me something no one but I would know, they will coming with me," an idea popped in your head. Goose.

"Uhm, Director Fury?" Everyone's attention goes to you. You step out from behind Tony. "I know something no one else would know,"

"And what would that be?" He asked mockingly.

"Goose? I could happily tell the avengers about how Goose-"

"I- Uhm... that will not be needed..." he looks at you with a glare. He straightens out his coat before turning to Bruce. "They may stay... under the condition they will be trained and a part of the team to an extent, if they prove useful, I expect Dr Banner to run check ups and Agent Romanoff to train them. Understood?" Natasha nods along with Banner. He bids everyone goodbye before turning to you with a pleading look. "Not a word," you zip your lips and salute. A ghost of a smile could be seen as he walks off to the elevator.

"Ok you have to tell us who Goose is," you shrug and point to your sealed lips. Walking to the kitchen and ignoring the pleads from Tony and Clint.

"JARVIS? Is there any (favourite cereal)?"

"Yes, Mx L/n, same cupboard," you thank the AI and pour some of the cereal in then milk, sitting down at the table.

"What would it take for you to tell me?" Tony slides into the chair next to you. You shake your head and continue to eat. "How about a new phone?"

You shrug and take out the phone in your pocket. "Got one, and the charger I bought keeps it alive," you open the phone and press on the Instagram icon. Scrolling through you see that it's still in the 2020 version.

"How about a laptop?" You shake your head and press onto your favourite edit account. "A car?"

Clint scrambles over time your other side and puts $10, a piece of gum and a paper clip on the table. "All I got, take it or leave it,"

"Tempting but sorry, bird brain, I'm going to leave it," he groans before grumbling a few curses and pocketing the bribe. You finish your cereal and wash everything. Going to where Tony was typing away on his phone you tap him on the shoulder. "Is there a library in the tower?" He nods and smirks.

"Tell me about Goose and I'll say which floor,"

"2 floors up!" Nat shouts from the couch.

"Dammit, Romanoff!" You snicker and go to the elevator closing the door in Tony and Clints faces. The door opens, you walk down a hall revealing a set of large wooden doors with antique carvings. Pushing open the doors a vast library is revealed. Books old and new scattered the walls with ladders towering upwards. The lunar Ary was two floors high and filled with plenty of books. There was a vintage fireplace with red velvet cushions and couches.

"Beauty and the beast is all I'm getting..." tracing each spine of the first shelf you sit down on one of the couches, coughing when dust flies into the air. "Gross, hey JARVIS? Does anyone ever go up here?"

"Other than Mr Laufeyson, no," you hum and look around, spotting a closet next to the entrance you quickly walk over, opening the door you see cleaning supplies.

"JARVIS? Could you connect my phone to the speakers in the library?" You say once you spotted speakers by the fireplace. You turn on Bluetooth and open Spotify.

"I would assume it's 'Odin is a dick'?" The AI's amused voice sent you into a fit of laughter.

"You guessed it!" You look down to see the Bluetooth connected. Playing Panic! at the disco the first song to come up is Bittersweet from the vices and virtues bonus tracks. Turning it on it made no sound but the crumbs from the floor got swept up. "Cool," you hum lightly along with the tune.

But my favourite place is the warm embrace of holding you hair back in a bathroom stall.

Dancing around to the music you vacuum the couches and rid it of dust. After that you moved on to dusting every corner and crevice of the place. Climbing up and down ladders you slide from one end to the other, dust falling to the floor which you would mop up later.

"Midgardian music is odd," you spin around to see Loki standing by the door watching you.

"For gods sake, Loki! Don't sneak up on people," you continue to climb up the ladder to get the very last dust bunny.

"You might want to be careful," Loki looks up with a grin.

"Listen here, reindeer games, if you make me fall you are never seeing your precious helmet again!" Getting on your toes you lean to the side to push the dust off to the floor. "I mean it- shit!" You feel yourself lose balance and fall. Huddling yourself together you wait for the floor to hit you and pain to strike.

~~~

I may just post wholesome memes at the end of every chapter

- Anna ❤️