Chapter 15 - Christmas day

Waking up early was not your thing, neither was Christmas but after realising that most of the team never got a proper Christmas just like you, you went out of your way to make this the best one. How, you may ask? Well, you spent a long time tracking down different sweets and desserts that each Avenger enjoyed. The plan was to get a bag of each sweet and fill different baskets with them and put it under the tree on Christmas morning and if it was a dessert you'd bake it the night before on a different floor as to not wake anyone up.

Tony - Red and yellow basket with M&M packets

Steve - Red, white and blue basket with an Apple pie

Thor - Silver and red basket with poptarts

Natasha - Red and black basket filled with Korovka toffee.

Clint - Purple and black basket with chocolate and peanut butter cookies

Bruce - Green and purple basket with chocolate covered raisins

Loki - Green, black and gold basket with mint chocolate bars

Finally putting every basket under the tree with their names attached you smile. Glancing at the other presents under the tree you quickly walk back to your room and lay on your bed. Staring up at your ceiling you seem to slowly drift off to sleep-

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!" Tony's voice rang throughout the avengers floor. You bang your head against the head board and whimper at the pain. "Everyone to the tree! Secret Santa time!" Quietly chuckling you walk out the door rubbing your eyes. Everyone was groaning and stumbling down the hall; however Thor was smiling brightly.

"Hey, Thor," you link your arms with his cheery self.

"Happy Christ of Mas, Lairde Y/n,"

You giggle and correct him. "It's just Merry Christmas, Thor,"

He nods with a shrug as you all reach the living room.

"I smell pie... why do I smell pie?" Cap says excitedly.

"OH MY GOD CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES!" Clint stumbles over the couch and goes to the tree. Reading his name on the basket he grins and snatches the basket. Stuffing his face he moans in delight as the chocolate melts in his mouth. "There's one for everyone!" Everyone's attention perks up and they start to walk to the tree.

"Morning, horns," Loki walks into the room looking grumpy but smiles at your greeting.

"Loki, there is a basket for you," Thor hands Loki his basket and his eyes light up at the chocolates. It took a solid five minutes for everyone to think of the same question.

"Who are these from?" Their eyes all go to you. "Y/n, you don't have one- did you do this?"

You shyly shrug. "Maybe, don't worry about it though-"

"That's it all of you suck, Nosedive is my new best friend, sorry not sorry," Tony exclaims causing Clint to gasp in offence.

"Actually I agree, everyone else is below, Y/n," Clint says through a full mouth.

"So, if everyone's done can we get to the presents?" Tony was practically bouncing in his seat. The baskets were put aside as everyone took their assigned presents. The first to open their present was obviously Tony, he takes out a weird mechanical piece. He squeals like a little girl and looks at Bruce. "Brucey, did you get this for me?" Bruce shakes his head and points to Cap.

"Surprise!" Steve says quietly.

"You- got this for me?" Caps face was dusted a light pink as he nodded. "Thank you, Cap," Cap nods and starts to unwrap his present.