Chapter 33 - Thanos

"But we have the Hulk," Loki pushes Thor out the way towards you, struggling to get up he comforts you. "Darling, I'm so sorry," you try and laugh but it was replaced with a pained cough.

"It's ok... just do one thing, get out of here, please," The Hulk met a greater opponent in Thanos, evidently he was losing and it wasn't long until Heimdall would save him. You both didn't even notice Thor's attempt to hurt Thanos. Ebony Maw was quick to restrain Thor using sheets of metal, your breath quickened. "Promise me?" You asked one last time.

"I promised one thing..." he lifts you up. "I promised to save you," he pushes you towards the Hulk just as Heimdall used the last of his strength to call the Bifrost.

"LOKI!-" immediately you were taken to earth, tears falling fast as you held onto Hulk. A crash was heard on impact, Dr Strange and Wong immediately took action, putting up defences they approach the sudden beam of light. Too much in shock you embrace yourself up against the rubble and wood.

"Thanos is coming... he's coming..." Bruce exhales as you let numbness fill you.

"Who?" Strange looks down at you, quick to take action on helping you both out. "Y/n? What's going on?" You let out a shuddered breath and look down at the amulet once you were on even floor. It was still emitting light- slowly It faded... this is when your whole world crashed, you fell to the floor and screamed in agony. You felt each and every inch of your heart shatter. He was gone, he was really gone and you couldn't stop it.

~~~

Out of options Bruce asked for Tony to be brought here, he comforted you as you all waited. Your eyes were red and puffy, feeling nothing but pain, Bruce left your side just to greet Tony, it wasn't long until they all entered.

"Y/n!" Tony runs to your side in joy, it had been so long since he last saw you. He lays eyes on your damp cheeks and shaking state. "What's wrong?" You shake your head in denial not willing to speak.

"Loki is dead, majority of the Asgardian people are dead and it's all because of Thanos," Bruce says on your behalf. You zoned out as the others explained the infinity stones to Tony, even blocking out the mention of Loki and your name. Your mind was clouded with grief, revenge and nothing else, a rumble erupted and you knew who was here.

"It's them," your dry voice stopped their conversation, you stand up and vanish away the blanket over your shoulder. Everyone quickly makes their way outside as chaos seems to ensue. Going the opposite direction of the running citizens you all line up against the giant ship, a beam casts down and two of Thanos' children appear.

~~~

Charging forward towards Ebony maw you dodge the shots of rubble sent your way. Finding a weak spot you take your opportunity to strike him with your spear, all you saw was red, no room for mercy, only revenge. He threw you to the side with force, making you hit a fire hydrant. A throbbing pain filled your head and instantly you passed out helplessly. It was long before you woke up to the sight of the giant ship beaming up Peter and Strange.

"NO!" Using the last of your power you transport yourself to the base of the beam, only for it to disappear. You look around and see Banner picking up Tony's phone as Wong opens a portal. Slowly staggering towards them you collapse at Banners feet.

"Y/n, oh god you need some rest," leaning against a pile of stone you nod.

"Yeah that seems like a good idea," you wheeze.

~~~

Currently laying in bed at the base you look out onto the field.

I promised to save you

Flinching at the memory you hear a knock on the door. You look up to see Bruce smiling sadly.

"They're here," you shake your head and turn around.

"You go ahead, I'm not ready to face anyone," he sighs and sits down on the bed next to you.

"Have you eaten?" You mumble a soft 'no'. "It's either you eat, or you greet," turning back to face him you sigh and sit up. Conjuring up some ice cream and soda you set them on your bed. "Eat something healthy," Banner pesters. You chuckle and replace the junk with fruit and water.

"Better?" He nods before taking your hand.

"Hey, listen, I know what it's like to lose a loved one, I lost my mum at a young age... it really hit me hard, but you have to move on, Loki wouldn't have wanted you to sit here and do nothing, you know what the future holds. Are you sure Loki's not coming back? No Resurrections?" Suddenly you burst into tears and clutch Banners shirt.

"I told him to be careful, to not be stupid. I- I knew if he tried what he did then he would be gone... forever- and now look what happened, I let him save me, I should have saved him. I should be dead not him!-"

"Hey hey hey, y/n, listen to me, don't ever say anything like that again. Ever. You don't deserve to die, hell, neither did he, but in your universe does he live? Didn't you say something about a series about him?" Bruce strokes your back to calm you.

"The Loki series... yeah well, rumours say it's an alternate timeline version of him, sure it's still Loki... but it's not my Loki, the Loki who genuinely liked me," choking on a sob you lay your head on Banners shoulder. "I'm never getting him back... Bruce, I will never have the chance to tell him how much he means to me-" staring out at the cloudy sky with a sullen look, the sun peaks over the clouds and you close your eyes.

The sun will shine on us again

Taking a deep breath you look over at Bruce who had also closed his eyes. "I think you should go and say hi," you mumble.

"Are you sure you're going to be ok?" Assuring him, he stands to leave but doesn't go before making sure you take a bite out of your fruit.

I'm not dying anytime soon so that fails to save you

~~~

Hear that? That's all your hearts breaking

Hear that? That's all your hearts breaking... Music to my ears- ok I'm sorry I love you guys ❤️❤️❤️ also I've realised how much Y/n has passed out in this book???? I- *sighhhhh* AND THANK YOU FOR 15k!

- Anna ❤️