Chapter 21 - Ultron

New year same old you. Cap had informed you about the events that took place last year, Winter soldier and Hydra stuff. You did input information that they needed at times via text, but you never got in on the action considering it was in DC. However you were preoccupied most of the time, you even got a job at Stark industries, Tony did protest saying you didn't need a job but you insisted as you had a butt load of free time.

What else had happened? Oh, you and Loki are closer than ever... you aren't a couple, no, but you do flirt every now and again—maybe even more... though that stopped for a while once Thor had gotten back to New York and kingly duties called upon Loki. Currently taking your morning jog you stop when a ringtone replaced your music.

"Thank you for calling the Epicentre of the universe, God speaking,"

"Y/n, why can't you just answer the phone normally?"

"Because normal is dull, what can I do for you, my dear Tin can?" You start to head back to the tower as Tony continues.

"Cap is back from DC, we have a high level mission, all avengers needed," you quirk a brow.

"But I'm not an avenger,"

Tony laughs through the phone. "You are now, Kid, get here as soon as possible, we leave in 2 hours," Tony hangs up the phone leaving you to shout in excitement, you were an Avenger! Holy shit- you look around to see a few people staring at you, waving shyly you sprint back to the tower.

~~~

Boots crunching under your every step, blasts let out around you. Soldiers fell with thuds as you skimmed through the field.

"Shit!" You look up to see Tony bounce off the base shield.

"Language!" Cap yells through the earpiece causing a short chortle from you.

"You're gonna regret that later, Cap!" You skid under a fallen tree knocking a few soldiers down. "Loki's sceptre is in there! How else do you think Strucker is mounting his defense?"

"At long last!"

"At long last is lasting a little long, guys," Nat states, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, I think we lost the element of surprise," Clint shoots a few arrows at the soldiers behind you, you thank him as Tony scoffs.

"Wait a second. No one else but Y/n is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said 'language'?" Cap sighs.

"I know," he grunts and throws his bike at an oncoming vehicle to which an explosion rings out. "It just slipped out,"

"Told ya, Cap," casting illusions of yourself around, you confuse the soldiers. Swiftly taking each one down you drop the illusion just as Natasha yells Clint's name.

"We have an enhanced in the field," Cap says.

"Pietro Maximoff, Enhanced super speed," you quip quickly.

"Clint is hit!" Nat tends to Clints wound. "Someone want to deal with that bunker?" On queue Hulk smashes through the bunker as asked. "Thank you," As Stark figures out how to take down the shield Thor volunteers to take Clint to the jet. A few exchanges later a deafening bang fills the battle field, Cap and Thor must've hit weapons.

"Find the sceptre," Thor flies off.

"And for gosh sakes watch your language!" You chuckle as you make your way further to the base.

"This is why Y/n is my favourite," Tony smirks.

"That's not going away anytime soon is it, Y/n?"