Chapter 23 - Vision

"Cap, Please trust me, I know what's going to happen!" You stand in between Cap and the cradle.

"Stand down, Y/n. Stark, Shut it down!" He orders, not another recognition spared for you.

"Rude," you blurt out in offence.

"Not gonna happen," Tony continues with his work on the cradle.

"You don't know what's going to happen,"

"I do!" You sing in frustration only to be ignored.

Just as you tried to figure out how to get this argument to finish you were interrupted by Pietro destroying the equipment.

"God dammit, you snail!" Ignored yet again. "Wow, might as well have some popcorn if this is how I'm treated,"

"No, no, go on, you were saying?" Suddenly a bullet flies through the glass floor under Pietro, causing him to fall through. Havoc ensues as you help Tony reroute the upload. Caps shield flies past you and hits the screens causing Tony to retaliate.

"Come on, Thor, where are you?" On queue the god of thunder rushes in and sends bolts of lightning at the cradle. "Alright! Come on, Million dollars, where are you?"

The screens flash warnings saying 'power overload', once Thor thought he had powered it enough he stopped, silence was ended when the cradle burst open to reveal Vision. Vision lunges himself at Thor, Thor ducking and throwing vision through the labs glass window. Before hitting the glass on looking the city he stops and levitates, admiring the view in all its beauty. You teleport yourself next to Thor who was below Vision, you hold up your hand, stopping Cap from coming any closer.

"I'm sorry that was... odd... thank you,"

"Ha! Toaster," you quip.

~~~

"Oh! I'm getting goosebumps!" You shiver in delight as you looked around at everyone gathered in a circle facing outwards. The army of robots start to sprint towards the church blasting and clawing their way through.

"Like the old man said, together," using the spear in your hand you defend each team member the same being reciprocated. The only thing on your mind was staying alive, destroy the bots and save one team member... Pietro.

You couldn't save Frigga, the least you could do is save Pietro. One by one each robot was either flung, dismembered or- yeah that's about it. Blasts from Tony shot past you, Wandas magic tore apart bots bit by bit, bullets flew passed each member and towards the enemy.

Grabbing Caps shield that had bounced your way you used it quickly to behead a robot, throwing it back to Cap when done. Mechanical parts flew everywhere, you couldn't believe you were a part of this moment. Looking out to the side you find to see Thor, Tony and Vision working all their power together and blasting Ultron.

"Now, that's how you do it!" You bellowed out. "Hulk, you know what to do," you wink at the Green monster as he smirks.

"You know with the benefit of hindsight-" In one swift move Hulk flings Ultron away.

"Uh, sorry? Didn't hear you, bestie!" You yell at his fading figure. Hulk turns to other robots who flee in terror causing them to start their leave from the flying city.

"Rhodes, can you deal with that?" Tony asks through the com.

Happily, he takes his opportunity and takes down flying bots while throwing comments here and there, thinking this would be his next big story until Vision arrived and finished the job.

~~~

One job, that's it, that's all you got to do. Teleporting yourself to the archer you see him carrying the child the sound of bullets ring through the air, you only had one chance, jump in in front of Pietro as he took the two to safety you put up a shield to the best of your ability.