Chapter 1; the Beginning

It was a normal day at U.A, and Izuku had just woken up and went to school. The boy smiled as he went through the halls of the school, happy and determined to have another wonderful day of class. It was tough studying to become a hero as a quirkless kid at times, but Izuku knew that he could do it from the bottom of his heart, and he had made great friends along the way. It was time for his english class with Mr.Yamada. Midoriya entered the classroom and sat at his desk, as he waited for his teacher to show up.
He looked over to his crush, Ochaco. Honestly, he'd liked her since they met, and he was thinking of asking her out this week. Although Izuku and his friends had faced off against fearsome villains; matters of real life still felt surprisingly hard- You'd think asking the girl he liked out wouldn't be as nerve-wracking as life-changing fights- but alas, it truly was. Finally, the teacher arrived and greeted the class in his booming voice, and Deku turned his attention to him so he could pay attention to what he would teach Class 1-A. Izuku was a bit nervous; still thinking about how he would confess to Ochaco, but he tried not to worry too much. After all, what's the worst that could happen in a week?

------------------------------------------------

The morning classes were finally over, and in all honesty, Izuku couldn't be happier to head to lunch. He usually sat with Tenya, Asui, Todoroki and of course, Ochaco. Today wasn't different from usual, and the friends gathered around a table with their meals, starting to chat and joke about things that had happened in class. However, Deku found himself to be quieter than usual, as he tried to keep his eyes on his crush without her noticing. She was so cute, and it was so hard for him not to be able to tell her his feelings every chance he got. He had waited for so long to be able to tell her how he felt that it slowly became unbearable, as he fell deeper and deeper in love with his best friend. "Are you okay Deku?" Todoroki's voice brought him back into reality, and he smiled nervously, gripping on his cutlery. "Yeah! Of course, why?" he asked awkwardly, seeming over-eager as he didn't want the others to be suspicious. Tenya also looked over to him with confusion, because of how loud he was. Todoroki frowned a little and looked at his friend's plate. "You've barely eaten, and you seem distracted." he replied plainly, his eyes pointing to the food that Deku had barely touched. He too looked confused for a moment before he looked over to everyone else's plates, which were all nearly empty- and when Deku checked the clock on the wall, he quite immediately realized that nearly all of lunchtime had passed without him even noticing. His table was nearly silent, in the busy lunch room, and when he lowered his eyes back down to his peers, he saw that all of them were staring at him. "You're sure you're all fine, right? You should really eat so you've got all your energy at practice." Ochaco said in her sweet, enchanting voice, causing Deku's heart to flare up. He smiled and nodded, trying to ignore the sweat forming on his skin. Frick, he really was in it now- He needed a good meal before practice, and there was barely any time left before the school would ring, certainly not enough time to finish his plate. He gulped. "Don't worry about me, I'm just not hungry right now." Deku lied as he forced himself to take a carefree expression. The others, though still concerned, seemed to brush it off as the bell rang. Izuku felt stressed, butterflies in his stomach as he remembered how Ochaco looked at him with so much care. He smiled slightly, a goofy look on his face even though anxiety wrecked him inside. There was a chance that Ochaco would like him, right?