Chapter 4; Friendship

Izuku was in school again, the day after he'd confessed to Ochaco. His heart was heavy as he walked past all the people he would usually greet in the hallway, immediately going to class. He was the first one inside, as everyone was still chattering out. He made his way to his seat, crumpling up as he sat down. Todoroki came in and sat at the desk beside Midoriya's resting his head on his hand and glancing over to his friend. "You didn't say hi to me today." he stated calmly, causing Midoriya to look towards him as well, green eye meeting blue. "Sorry Shoto. How are you?" he muttered in response, no sound other than their voices within the empty classroom. Todoroki's position shifted and he leaned his head to the right so he could see Deku with both his eyes, frowning lightly. "To be honest, I don't think that matters right now. How are you?" the man replied silently, an intense look imprinted into his mismatched eyes. Midoriya frowned deeply as he looked at his friend's nearly threateningly cold expression, before averting his eyes, leaning into his chair and putting his hands over his eyes. "I don't think I want to talk about it." he sputtered hesitantly, trying to imagine he was somewhere else, before Todoroki's hand came and shook his shoulder. "I think you need to, though. You've been acting differently for days... And now you're like this. So, how are you, Midoriya?" he insisted, still in the same, flat tone of voice, staring at the green-haired boy beside him with no discernible emotion, though he clearly must have been concerned deep down. "I'm sorry, Shoto, but I think it hurts too much to say it out loud and- I don't want anyone to hear me say it, either." he sighed, letting his hands slide off his face and placing them on his thighs. "Maybe I can just text you?" he whined as he turned towards his friend. It was clear to Todoroki that Deku hadn't slept well, he scoffed and nodded, turning his head to the door as Bakugou stormed into the room. Both of the boys thought this to be quite unusual, as the firey hero usually was one of the last to come in, even though he was seldom late. Izuku shivered as he saw the man heading towards him. Bakugou had bullied him since childhood, and Midoriya was simply afraid that- "So I heard you asked Uraraka out, huh?" the blonde bellowed as he slammed onto his rival's desk, a light smirk on his face. "I didn't know you had the fuckin' balls. Didn't even know you thought a girl could ever love a quirkless loser like you." he taunted, his brows furrowing as his red eyes glared through Midoriya, who gulped, his face twitching with pain. Bakugou looked pleased with himself for a short moment, before raising off of the desk and crossing his arms to look over at Todoroki, who was glaring at him. "And you, what are you doing at my desk?" he growled and glared back at the boy, tension hanging in the air. "I'm sitting next to Deku today. You should take my seat." he hissed relatively calmly, as Izuku stared on in confusion at what was happening. "You can't order me around, icy-hot. This is my fucking seat and you're gonna let me have it back. Why do you want to be next to him anyways?" he complained angrily, bunching up his fists as he tried to hold back on his violence. "He's not doing well, and you'll make it worse. You already have." Todoroki responded, glancing shortly at Midoriya, then back at the blonde boy, who huffed and grimaced angrily, glancing behind him as other students started pouring in. He didn't respond and simply went to sit at Shoto's seat, grumbling under his breath. Todoroki turned back to his friend and asked if he was okay. "Is Ochaco who you're upset about?" he inquired, and Deku simply nodded wistfully in response. "I don't know how he heard about it... Ochaco wouldn't tell him, so that means-" Midoriya stopped dead in his tracks and suddenly laid his face onto his desk with a groan. "Monoma must have spread the rumor..." he muttered to himself, too quietly for anyone around him to hear. Before Shoto could speak up again, the teacher was in, and class began.