Chapter 7:1; Reunions [DEKU]

Well, there was another issue. As a new Class 1-B student, Izuku needed some friends in his class, right? He couldn't be that one kid that only had friends in other classes or out of school, especially as a first year. But well, looking at the lunch room, the young man couldn't think of a table he'd feel comfortable sitting at. Every table was buzzing with activity, chatting gingerly. Yeah, no. He wasn't doing that. Izuku walked to his usual group, holding his hands together nervously as he stood over the table. "Hey Deku! How was your first day in your new class?" Ochaco chirped as she saw him, trying to seem as positive as she could, her eyes laid on her friend's gloomy face. He opened his mouth to speak, looking to the empty chair that Todoroki was offhandedly fidgeting with. "Uh, well, it was okay I guess. I don't know if they like me... Actually, I think they don't?" he sighed, tapping his foot on the floor. He should ask to sit down. "Why would I have to ask to sit down with them? We're just in different classes, we're still friends." he thought to himself, lightly biting his lip. "Well... What if they get disappointed? Disappointed that I'm going back to them instead of talking to the others? No, no, they know it's hard for me to socialize. But-" he was cut off in his train of thought by Tenya, making him perk up. "You should sit down. Nothing worse than sore legs at training. Right, Todoroki?" the man glanced over to his classmate, who glanced to the side and let the chair drop, putting his hand back on his thigh. He didn't say anything, though, just looking up to Deku with his mismatched eyes. Izuku smiled and sat down next to him, scratching his neck nervously. "Oh, thanks! It hasn't been long but I already miss hanging out..." he faltered, exhaling strongly in an attempt to let his negativity out. He looked over to Uraraka and Asui, who were both looking at him with wide smiles. Well, mostly Ochaco. Asui looked the way that Asui does. "Oh yeah, definitely! Don't forget about us when you're besties with all the 1-Bs!" she chided with a giggle, tapping her friend on the shoulder. He felt a jolt go through him. "I still like her. Life sucks." he thought, laughing along with her with slightly arched brows. "I could never!" he joked halfheartedly, allowing himself to lean into his chair, glancing across his friend group. He didn't know how he could ever leave them behind. His new classmates scared him, honestly. Some of them... Really seemed like bullies. His eyes looked through the crowd, he could see Monoma in the distance, talking to Manga. He felt his stomach churn. "They must be seriously mad... Irk..."  The others were talking to each other, laughing around Izuku, all having fun together. Except Todoroki, who was looking at the boy sitting next to him. "You still look upset." he remarked blankly, as soon as Deku looked over to him. This caused his classmate to smile nervously, raising his hand up to his scalp and messing up his hair, fidgeting with it. "Oh, it's nothing. I'm just... Gloomy as usual, hah." he denied, waving his other and dismissively. Shoto lightly cocked a brow in response, leaning his face onto his bunched up fist. "You're not usually gloomy." he stated. Izuku only seemed to get more nervous, tapping his foot again. "Well, as I said, I just don't feel like the people from class 1-B like me. But I- I mean, I still have you guys so it's fine! Some of us will be in the same class next year!" he exclaimed through gritted teeth, removing his hand from his head and holding them together again. "So I'm okay!" he finished, trying his hardest to seem convincing, but his friend saw right through it. "You shouldn't be alone there. I could talk to the principal or a teacher or something. You don't have to pretend that everything's fine for us." Todoroki mused, looking off to the side, staring at Ochaco, Asui and Tenya who were chatting unknowingly. Izuku felt uneasy, "What a thing for you to say Todoroki..." he sighed internally, trying to keep his fidgeting low. "Thank you, but- I'm sure it'll fix itself and I- I'm fine-" Deku mumbled, his voice weakening and his eyes widening as he noticed... Manga coming towards his table? Well, maybe he wasn't going to their table. Right? Oh god, what if he asked him to duel or something? To the death? Absolutely not. "You really are All Might's secret lovechild..." Todoroki half-joked, cracking a small smile before he noticed his peer's surprised expression, and looking over to the man walking towards them. "Oh, hi Manga!" Ochaco chided.

To be continued :flushed: